Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: good glasses

Post Thanks / Like

Default good glasses

i was just wondering if anybody knew of a good pair of polarized sunglasses. but the catch is im 15 and don't have 50+ dollars to spend on glasses
    "AM I EVER GOING TO STOP FISHING? NOT UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bill Dance by Strike King

Hey there Slab-Seeker,

You don't have to spend a fortune to get good sunglasses. All I ever buy is the "amber" colored glasses from Strike King at Wal-Mart. They sell for 9.99 but sometimes I see them on sale for 6.96. I like the amber better than the grey but thats just me. They are polorized and have side shields also.

Look at my post from yesterday titled "Good Weekend". I have a pair of them on.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to buy a pair of polorized sun glasses then get a good pair and take care of them. Try sales. Wal-mart's vision center had a great pair of $80.00 sun glasses that I picked up for $20.00 on sale. Try several pairs on and look through them. The cheaper pairs normally aren't that good and make alot of the glare a bright neon blue hue. This is not what you want.

If you can find them the Field & Stream, aluminum alloy frames with high performance polarized polycarbonate optics are great and inexpensive too. I think they are right around $30.00 or so.
    Let Em' Land!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree...I've been there and back again...spent over $100 for the costa del mars....they were nice, but you don't know how bad I felt when I scratched them...I'm currently wearing a pair from wally world...probably Strike King as mentioned above. I think they were $12. The difference is quality is much smaller than the difference in price. I think I'll replace these with the same kind when the time comes.

Post Thanks / Like

i bought a pair of costa del mars last year and i love them.but before those i had a pair of flying fishermen that they sell at a local outdoors store cost about 20 $ and i liked them

Post Thanks / Like

You can also find some of the Solar Bats at WalMart also. I find the lens is better than than the strike king.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

Default for my $15 It's worth it

I bought a pair of Amber /gold lenses Booyah shades at wally world that are a heap better than the strike king's IMHO. the lenses are made by polaroid (the film making company) and the quality is superior. They were also relatively cheap so I won't mind if they are lost or broken and they come with a carrying case when you're not fishing. Dig:

the next generation of slabhunters

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a pair of 9.99 Renegade fishing glasses from Wal-Mart and all they do is make the glare a blue hue as mentioned earlier. I like them as normal sunglasses, but they don't help me out on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Try a pair of the Solar Bats at wal-mart.Get the ones with the gray lens you will like them!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I got the costa del mar vermillion poly lenses...they are tought to scratch and a dang good pair of glasses.....can see under water like you wouldn't believe....