To some this may be common sense however after a year of crappie fishing I just tried this the past two weeks.

When fishing from the bank it is kinda hard to get to deep water and keep your bait in the strike zone. Last I week I decided to try a slip bobber with no slip knot.

I used a 1/16 jig with a minnow and a little shot weight.

I was able to cast out further and allow the bait to drop into the 30ft deep range then I just slowly reeled in lifting my rod and letting it drop every now and then. This tactic allowed me to stay in the striking distance. Which allowed me to catch more fish.

Like I said some of you probably most off you know this however I felt there are some that could use the info.

I just started using slip bobbers and I get tired of adjusting the knot up and down so for deep fish do away with the knot and let the bobber be your float and keep you in the strike distance longer. Cant wait for fall and winter to do this at goose pond.

One more thing I thought crappie bit harder this time of year most of the time I couln't feel the bite. I just felt the extra tension on the line. What's up with that?

Have a blessed week. If any of you have some more advice for us non boaters please do share.

Peace