Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Help on Navigating to Waypoints

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Help on Navigating to Waypoints

I need some advive on the best way how to navigate to a waypoint and what is you're favorite screen combination for doing it.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    I need some advive on the best way how to navigate to a waypoint and what is you're favorite screen combination for doing it.
    My preferred method of fishing is spider rigging from marked waypoint to marked waypoint...

I will generally be watching the split view SI/Chart...(at 70/30 ratio)..

By watching the boat icon on the chart screen, I can manipulate my boat path toward a marked waypoint on the chart view...

I will keep a constant vigil on the SI screen as my boat progresses to notice any "new" brushpiles or interesting structure...

When I see something interesting on the SI screen, I will activate the cursor on the SI screen and drop a waypoint on that interesting structure right on the SI screen...

I may go directly to that "new" waypoint... Or I may continue on my normal progression and come back to that "new" marked waypoint later...

I, myself find no helpful advantage in using the "Goto" feature on the unit unless the waypoint I want to "Goto" is physically too far away to not actually be showing on the chart screen at the zoom level that I may be viewing the chart...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor