Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shake down run.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shake down run.....

Gave my Ride it's first shake down run (Maiden Voyage) today, in the misting rain. Felt good. Everything worked according
    to plan. Now all I have to do is learn what the depth finder/fish finder is doing. lol Water was really shallow....could hit bottom
    with the paddle.

Name:  Slime Me.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  56.5 KB
    Name:  2nd water.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  76.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RetiredRR; 08-21-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

nice looking rig ya got there RRR. Sruprised that you waited this long for the maiden voyage tho.

Noticed your pull strap mounted/installed behind the FF. Did you install a eye bolt with some washers behind it/inside the hull??

Hope to pick up a Ride 115 this weekend if everything goes as they say it will.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Sir, opened the front hatch, reached up in there with a washer and lock nut and did it up good. It was an idea stolen from the
    Jackson Kayak Cuda.......works real well for me. Used a really large diameter washer so it should be very safe. The material in that
    particular area is thick. Since this was my second one to configure with the chair, I think I got it right. Now I can remove the electrical
    ties holding the chair to the plywood and replace with aluminum angle material. This weather has me chompin' at the bit to tug on some
    crappie lips.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimp, be sure to post up some pictures of the 115. On the subject of waiting so long to get the yak wet.......to hoooooot for me to function
    properly.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice lookin setup ya got there RRR. There is times i contemplate selling the boat and just gettin me a yak, just cant seem to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks huntinslabs. It is a big jump from a boat to a kayak. I've owned a Cordell Goin' Jessie used by a semi-pro angler, split the hull and
    downsized to a john boat, now into kayaks. Been a happy feller ever since. Less upkeep, no waitin' in line at the ramps, go shallow any
    time I want to, whistle any tune I want to whistle and eat all the vienna sausage I can stand. I love 'em. (Kayaks too) lol

Post Thanks / Like

Huntinslabs;
    Look for a shop that has demo days, all it will cost you is some time, and most of the time they can answer any questions to help you make up your mind. If you like 'em, then look for used as there are always used one available. Might not be the color you want, but can usually find one you like. I've got a boat and a yak, the yak does not take up much room at all. LOL
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you were able to get 'er wet RRR.......I missed the fish pics
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

NeonMoon, I feel bad enough as it is........wife in rehab hospital, spending a lot of time running here and there doing what she normally
    does and taking her food she can eat cause the hospital food is horrific.............but I can handle it. Not going to get too domesticated
    if I can help it. Finally got both knees replaced now and looking forward to another successful surgery getting well. She is a real trooper
    and bounces back good. Now, I did take about 45 minutes and launched the kayak in a misting rain and it felt so good to get out and
    paddle it around and checked out everything and the depth/fish finder worked as it should and I am happy. In a month she should be
    able to do just about everything she wants too, including driving again and I will have more time to try out my Watermelon Wine.
    Good to see you active again. Know your working on getting everything ready to get on the road and know your going to really enjoy
    the trip. Look for a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

RRR, was wondering if you had been "housebroken" since it took you so long to get that Ride wet, now I know why. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, hope the MS. gets well soon so she can kick you back outside again. LOL

Are those watermelon wine available at the stores now ??
    GO BIG ORANGE !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast