Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kankakee Report for 8/20/12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kankakee Report for 8/20/12

Went out to Horseshoe Bend this afternoon hoping for some more slop fishing, but the prevailing winds have driven the slop to an inaccessible location. I started off with a 5" T-rigged Tiki Worm and had one good fish on, but it came unbuttoned; continued with the worm presentation for quite awhile, but that was my only hit on a worm. Switched over to a tri-blade buzz bait and on the first cast nailed a chunky 15 inch bass...things were looking up, I thought, but that was it - a nasty looking storm was heading my way and I forgot my rain gear this time, so I packed it in and headed home.

The banks were lined with cardinal flowers and swamp mallows, with an occasional evening primrose peaking through the mass; only saw one heron today which is quite unusual for this location, but there were several flocks of ducks that passed overhead.

With the temps in the mid-50 range the crappie bite should be picking up any day now - can’t wait.

...all in all, it was still a great day down by the Kankakee.
    Roaming the banks of the Kankakee River and anywhere else fish might lurk.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're getting out there. These mornings sure are something great to wake up to.