Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: WOW! You guys are amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Default WOW! You guys are amazing!

I have laughed , learned and nearly cried at the backgrounds of some of your usernames. When I posted this thread I was hoping to get a few responses to try to get to know some of you a little better and I am truly humbled by the time everyone has taken to not only explain their names but to go a little further and tell a little about themselves. This is truly a great group of people and I am honored to call you all friends and in a sense fishing buddies. I look at ncnat and immediatly know this is a friend from NC. IBNFSHN, what a neat name that takes some imagination,CreekComber thanks for the story . Papasage, what a blessing to have that name and have it associated with children. edhead, what can i say, you have done such a great job here and im sure i speak for everyone here when i say i applaude your efforts! Moose, Wow , what a close call, glad everything worked out and God was watching over you that day. We are certainly blessed with you being a part of this. There are some names that have pretty funny backgrounds like Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon, LOL , I too am guilty of setting a hook like im trying to hook a shark. Thats just because we get so excited about this great sport, and Crap-king, I think we all talk a little of that sometimes LOL.And it's neat seeing names that we use just because it's what we love in our hobbies or professions like,RedTick or CrappieFarmer. Some of us just use our names like Big Mike , Roberta and Larry-Southern Indiana which is cool as it helps us to identify more personally with them. Ranger 375 , I think that is a neat name because it shows the pride in your boat, If mine wasn't treepotato it would probably have something to do with "tracker". I also love the simplicity that Bill uses with Labill but the ones that touch me the most are the ones with deep rooted meanings like rango or Cane Pole. Thanks for sharing that with us rango , I now have a deep appreciation for that user name and all the help that it has given to all of us on this site! And CanePole , Wow I wish I would have had a grandfather like that. Times were sure simple then weren't they? I bet sometimes you would trade all this technology of today to go back to a simpler time as it used to be . Sometimes I think I would. And Fatboy, Man you keep me laughing everytime i read your posts, sometimes when i read the stuff you post it makes my day, thanks for that. And thanks to all of you who have replied , I feel like I know each of you a little and it helps to appreciate some of these names for their real meanings. So until we yank up some more slabs lets keep being like Crappieseeker and seek out some more filets!!!.......treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

If you think your laughing now try going to a fishing social with these guys. I thought somebody had beat me the next morning then I figured out that my sides hurt from all the laughing.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default that is what makes this country a great place

As much as we whine and complain about things after reading these stories and making trips as such as our last Highrock Social makes me remember we live in the greatest counrty in all the world and how much we really have to be thankful for - but nat I think your side hurt from Slabitha throwing hard jabs to the body for not feeding her :D
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard....you also have a neat name....ak-moose