Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hunting Indiana?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hunting Indiana?

Hey guys, I am planning a trip up to Indiana this fall for a gun hunt. I cant afford a guided hunt so I am looking at a public land hunt. Can anyone give me a few areas of public land they would recommend? I dont even know one spot in Indiana and I know I am running out of time! If someone could give me some info or a PM with info I would be glad to give some advice if anyone ever comes down to lake Weiss or Neely henry on a crappie trip and even show you around! Thanks and God Bless
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Your best bet in my opinion, would be to hunt the Hoosier National Forest from Tell City, In which is southern most part of Indiana. I have been there a few times. Run the fire roads thru the forest find a clearing and park and camp. Dont forget your handheld gps, its a long walk to any civilization.
    Eric
    Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

In.gov/dnr has maps and loctions in the where to hunt section

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have an idea to which part of the state you will be heading?
    G & G Baits Ice Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I may have found a 3500 acre farm that a family will let me hunt? I am waiting for the details! I will be hunting the southern part if this farm does not work out. I have been checking into the Hoosier Forest and looks like that may be my back up plan. Thanks
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!