Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally, Crappie fishing close to home.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally, Crappie fishing close to home.

I was out fishing on my favorite bass lake the other day when, to my surprise, I pulled out a crappie. They weren't in the lake to my knowledge, so someone must of dumped in a bucket of fry in the last few years. I had noticed that the sunfish and perch's average size had gone up, and now that makes perfect sense. There are no baitfish in the lake and the crappies are probably thinning out the other fish's fry. I was excited, to say the least and am going on a crappie tackle binge. Other than jigs, with live minnows being out of the question, are there any lures that I shouldn't be without? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

where are you located in washington? i'm from washington too :D there is a washington forum on here that can give you some helpful tips .
    for lures you should have tube jigs in 1/64oz,1/32oz, and 1/16oz. good colors are red/white, yellow/white, red/yellow, all white, and sometimes pink or black/pink.
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

The northeastern corner, 45 miles north of Spokane. A little too far from Edmond to just drop in and ferret out your fishing secerets:D . Thanks for the advice and hear from ya later.