Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The fish missed me!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The fish missed me!

I made it out to the lake yesterday morning. This is the 3rd time I have been down there fishing this year. They must have missed me and wanted to go for a nice boat ride because they was very willing to get in my boat livewell. I had my limit within 2 hours of getting on the water. The temp was 78 degrees. I caught most of them in 15 ft of water. Dropped a minnow down to the bottom and then slowly brought it up. I noticed I was losing a minnow every so often. I started jiggling the rod tip as I brought it up slow and started hooking every time. The fish was following the minnow up and just sucking it in and following it up and then just took it off the hook. By jigging it I could feel a little weight and would then set the hook. Most of the fish I caught were 12 to 13-1/2 inches. I was culling in about 2 hours. My neighbor was down there and came over and said he had 1 Crappie and asked how I was doing. I told him I was culling and gave him several fish. I guess I haven't lost my nack at fishing yet. This will add nicely to the fish fry on Sept 9th. I am going back down on Monday and give it another try. Hope they are still in the mood for a boat ride. I had a neighbor kid take some pictures of the fish but they didn't turn out too good. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

These are the pictures that I got of the fish I caught yesterday.Name:  Jeff tried.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  59.7 KBName:  Nice bunch of fish.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  72.3 KBthe red fish is a drum. Name:  New Image.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  49.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking crappie. Looking forward to the fish fry this year, i missed it last year. First time i have ever seen a drum caught in Nebraska.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually catch some down at Beaver. EB

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish, Beav. Were you casting, dock shooting or using some trolling method? Minnows or plastics?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day