Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing around Deepwater area?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing around Deepwater area?

I will be trying to fish in the Deepwater area tommorrow,anyone got any ideas on jig colors?How deep to fish?

Post Thanks / Like

if you going to fish the east side of 13 you may find a surprise, I think it is dry or only a foot or two deep, Talley bend may be a better choice,or the ramp in osceola, the one in town,,, good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Would avoid Deepwater/Sparrowfoot area unless you know that area real good, low water and stump infested. Beagle has good advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished the deepwater area today as thorough as possible for 5 hours and boated 4 keepers and a few shorts shorts. Jig color and minnow flavor didnt seem to matter in the least. Cold front seems to have given them lock jaw (as you might expect). The bite seemed to be considerably better early AM in 4 to 8 feet of water......... Good luck tomorrow and watch those stumps.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fished down from there for about 45 minutes before it was time to take all the foreign exchange students for boat rides. Water color looked good, no wind and no fish. Never got bit on the two tree rows that I fished. Probably dipped around 35-40 trees in 4 ft to 14 ft of water. Marked some fish between trees and and in open water when I was leaving creek to head to Bucksaw to meet the gang. Talked to JJ at Bucksaw and we both are going to try to do some rigging tomorrow. I think the fish are scattered and wih the overcast day I believe they are not tight to the trees. Maybe riggin is the way to out a few in the boat. Also heard a straight minnow was better than a jig or jig and minnow combo. Dabe was good to run in to you today and shoot the breeze for a while. Hope the battery stays charged up for you after the jump start. Glad I told you to flag me down.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished deepwater bluff years ago, but now forgot how to get there, help anyone? it seemed good in winter. thanks

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

By boat or off the bank? Can get you directions to bluff by road if that's what you need.