Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Lake 8/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake 8/16

I fished Truman out of Sterret Creek on Thursday. Pretty disappointed with the results with only 5 keepers albeit they were all 10" +. I fished bluffs and points near the dam and down into Tebo as far as point 6 using B.G. Baby Shads on 1/16 and 1/8 oz jigs tipped with Bites. It was slow going with all 5 keeper fish coming off a brush pile 18-20' deep on a bluff.

This was only the 3rd time I have crappie fished Truman in the summertime. I will be back on Sunday and maybe Mon. Any hints would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Might try fishing with fish, aka; minnows.

I've found a few days lately that jigs alone or tipped with nibbles worked, but more often that not if you're trying to harvest a limit tipping that jig with a minner is a sure bet. It will be a real soft bite... really soft.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

You want to keep moving at a fairly good clip too.....one or two fish on a tree is about all you'll get right now. Don't forget to try some of the sunken trees on flats

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Get on the flats along the channel. Up Tebo arm towards Clear creek there is some good flats. Don't be afraid to try shallow.

Post Thanks / Like

You be fishing the wrong part of the lake for this time of the year. I would suggest above Windsor Crossing on Tebo and above Bucksaw Marina on the Grand. Good luck.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Running up the creeks and keeping your line right next to the tree's and swimming the bait beyond are some good tactics on Truman. Good luck man.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Well I struggle at times on truman myself, often a humbling experience. However-If I am lucky enough to spend a day on truman away from the rat race and don't catch a single thing and don't tear anything up-I have had a dammed fine day. Back to subject-Tebo is great and upper grand is always hot as bwillaub has replied. Most of the flats above Bucksaw in 4'-10' FOW round large trees or cedars are holdin fish. Round Tebo Island and Clear Creek have been my favorite this summer but I have been all over the lake.