Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Heading to Chetek tomorrow for a week

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heading to Chetek tomorrow for a week

Hey Wisconsin Crappie.com folks. I'm a regular in Missouri who travels to Wisconsin once a year for a week to visit Lake Chetek and the other chain lakes.

The fishing report says things are kinda slow up there right now. If you've got any insight into what's working or not up there, I'd love to hear it. If you ever get down to Missouri, I'll be happy to point you in the right direction!

Thanks.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bruce,

Wife and I are headed to the same area Sat. morning. We're going a little further north of Rice Lake. Hope you're wrong about the fishing report. We usually have pretty good luck on the lakes we fish (to go unnamed). We used to fish Chetek and had good luck there too. Just not very much size. Caught a lot. What lake do you stay on and what resort? We used to stay at Outers and really enjoyed the owners, people who stayed during our weeks stay and the location. Mary's Cafe was also great. Good luck and let me know how your week goes.

Thanks, Fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fuzz. How coincidental. My wife and I have been coming up to Outers for about 9 years now. Our good friends Dave and Brenda own it. I mentioned what you said and he said he knew a fellow named Fuzz who's wife is Shirley, that's you I presume.

Fish size is better lately at Chetek. We didn't catch too many yesterday, but the smallest was 9.5" and the biggest was 11". That's damn big for Chetek. She was a sow too!

We love it here. Like you though it'd be nice if the fish were somewhat larger more consistently.

Good luck up north!

Bruce