Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Camping 8/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Camping 8/17

Heading to the OBX tomorrow. Will be down at Frisco until Monday. Bought a pop up camper about three weeks ago. Been working on it since I bought it. Was supposed to be plug and play but turned into handy man special. I paid handy man special price though so can't complain too much. Forecast is for rain the whole friggen time(my luck). No fishing as I have had no time to ready any saltwater rods. Been working my but off and will sit in the AC or outside in the water or just sitting on my arse. This thing better work good cause it killed my fishing time I usually get this time of year. When I get back, it will be work on the combine and more than likely a couple runs on the crappie combine with a little early harvest off of the brushpiles.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

hope it dont leak!!!
    NWR BASH WINNER
    FEBRUARY 2011
    SPECKLE DIVISION

Post Thanks / Like

Here is hoping you have a good trip! Are you staying at the National Park campground? or another place like Frisco Woods?
    I do the same camping trip, with the family, about 3 or 4 times a year. Our next trip is Laobr Day Weekend. We are tent campers, though.

I have been going down there to go surfing for the past 41 years. I just can't quit, even though I am getting long-in-the-tooth! I drive out on the beach and do it right...bring a grill for hotdogs, pop-up shelter, volley ball, horseshoes, baseball gloves, boogie boards, 6 surfboards, tons of liquid refreshment, scoop nets, cast nets, and fins, masks, and snorkels. I have got a mess of bay scallops out of the sound before. I usually drive up to the first pull-off N of the Canadian Hole to watch the sun set on the sound.

Have a good time! I'll be down there soon!

ID

Post Thanks / Like

Staying at Frisco Woods. Been doing the tent thing since Boy Scouts. I told My wife I was getting tired of camping in the heat and sleeping on an air mattress. Needed a new tent and the camper came up for about 300 more than a new tent so I decided to jump on it. I think it will work nice. Gonna give it a god trial run. Plan on using it sometime to go to Buggs and stay a week. That is what I really wanted it for. Go somewhere like buggs and carry My boat and stay for a while. I like camping and fishing. Marrying the two together would be perfect.CF

Post Thanks / Like

"Marrying the two together would be perfect.CF "

Here, here! Amen! X2!

Post Thanks / Like

hope you and family have a safe and fun trip. my wife and i love to camp only we go to the blue ridge parkway. we love to camp in october when it gets cold at night so we can build a monster fire. with my dog being 13 years old we have not been in two years. i was shocked when i found out that she loves camping as much as me. LUCKY i guess. lets us know when the fish turn on. would luv to give it a try this fall. i always like to try new waters. have a great trip. you deserve some time off with the gang. tite lines JIM.B

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jim.b View Post
    hope you and family have a safe and fun trip. my wife and i love to camp only we go to the blue ridge parkway. we love to camp in october when it gets cold at night so we can build a monster fire. with my dog being 13 years old we have not been in two years. i was shocked when i found out that she loves camping as much as me. LUCKY i guess. lets us know when the fish turn on. would luv to give it a try this fall. i always like to try new waters. have a great trip. you deserve some time off with the gang. tite lines JIM.B
    Hey JimB,

We do that trip too. Third weekend in Oct, every year. The ole-lady likes to hike to a vista or water fall, usually. We stay at Loft Mountain in the Shenandoah National Park. We've already made our plan for this year. I usually bake a cake or something in the Dutch Oven. (Did I say bake? I meant Burn!)

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed, Doris, Dooley(our Schnauser), & I love camping. We have a truck camper & pull the boat. Been to several Crappie.com Camps. Let us know when you plan a Kerr trip. We are joining Ron(Shellback) & Ronnie, Roy & Dell, Gene C & Elaine for a week or more in October. We would love for you and others to join us.

Have a safe trip to the Beach & enjoy your time off.

Last edited by Don G; 08-18-2012 at 07:10 AM.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Hope he doesn't venture too far out in the water, the wild critters probaly have good bounty on his head!
    N.C. tourist captures fin of shark in photo | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Post Thanks / Like

WHOA!!!!!!!! Dang!!!!! I did not hear of that till I got back home. I was all out there too. Most of the time I was the furthest out. Dang. I done something stupid like a deer would have and stepped out there a little too far and didn't realize it. Not cool being on the other side of the food chain. Hmmmmmm. Next time I reckon I'll just have the ole smoke wagon close by. Then I can have a few steaks. That would make a great addition to my wall. the great white that I shot.

That will make You think. The only thing that got a piece of me was a dang crab that pinch the snot out of my foot. Other than that, and being stormy, a nice relaxing weekend was had.CF