Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: posted wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Default posted wrong

Thanks to YIKESS for telling me I posted this in the wrong place. I have a Tracker Panfish 17 with locking seats. This may be a safety feature, not sure. Anyone changed theirs out and made it a swival seat. How did it work? Did you like it? Thanks for any input.

Post Thanks / Like

I got tracker 18.5 targa, it has the locking seats, bought it new in 05, now I am having trouble out of them, they are wearing out, it has been used almost every week since it was new, some times twice a week. The adjusting part keeps breaking, Can't find any just like them, went to bass pro and they told me to look for after market ones, I need two seat bases that will fit a 2 3/8 inch post. I found some on the INTERNET that will work, Springfield makes them, locking and none locking. Some of this tracker stuff is cheap made, I like the Springfield bases better, made better and stronger.

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy, CrappieKeeper, has an '07 Panfish 17 also. He has the locking seat also. I just asked him for you and he said that all you have to do is slide the locking bar to the opposite side to make it not lock. Hope this helps.
    Steak Of The Lake,Yumm

Post Thanks / Like

No problem crappie1133. I thought you may get more responses over here.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

crappiekeeper, Thanks for your reply. I just checked mine and it will not swival by pushing the lever rhe other way. It will only lock in different positions. Maybe something is wrong with my swival or something is wrong with his. I think it would be more usable if it swivaled. I wasa wondering if it was still safe!!!!!!!! Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Mine stay unlocked, No problem yet, mine lock one way and dont lock the other way. flip the lever the other way.

Post Thanks / Like

Countryboy N.C. Mine pushed to the left locks and wil not push to the right. Therefore they will not unlock in the other direction. I CAN FIX THIS!!!! I will change out the swival bracket. Is any brand of swival bracket better than another. Can get a Wise from Walmart, Will probably outlast me...HA!!!! Thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like

we may have something different, I thought they were all the same around that year model.