Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Removeable rod holders for a round rail?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Removeable rod holders for a round rail?

Just bought a deck boat last week. Though billed as a fishing version, it is real light on rod holders, like non-existent. I mounted 6 vertical holders on the back wall for general use when running, but I need to get some around the perimeter of the boat for actual fishing use. This boat will see a lot of drift fishing for catfish. The only stipulation is that the holders need to be removeable without tools, per the wife, for leisure and booze cruising. I can't find any readily available in days of searching.

Post Thanks / Like

Driftmasters will have all your needs... Every type of rod holder and mounting setup imaginable....

http://www.driftmaster.com/

http://www.monkscrappie.com/

Driftmaster's Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the bottom of this page and this is what I use. It's for mounting to your seat pedestal.
    Bee Ready Rod holders - Bee Readys

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Driftmaster round rail clamps are the way to go. They are sturdy and easy to remove and require no holes to be drilled. They also allow you to adjust rod tips up and down easily. I would recommend that you use the 1/2" stem rod holders for larger rods used for catfish. You will need to know what size of rail you have on your boat. To determine this, take a 7/8" open end wrench and try to slide it on the rail. If it fits you have 7/8" rails and if it does not, then you have 1" rail. You can see both models on my website www.ExtemeFishingConcepts.com If you have further questions, contact us at 336-249-6782.

Post Thanks / Like

The Driftmaster rail mounts are easy to put on and take off pretty quickly. I use them on my t-bar setups and have no complaints.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bearintex View Post
    Just bought a deck boat last week. Though billed as a fishing version, it is real light on rod holders, like non-existent. I mounted 6 vertical holders on the back wall for general use when running, but I need to get some around the perimeter of the boat for actual fishing use. This boat will see a lot of drift fishing for catfish. The only stipulation is that the holders need to be removeable without tools, per the wife, for leisure and booze cruising. I can't find any readily available in days of searching.
    Are you looking for a single rod holder for the round rail or a t-bar set-up to mount on a round rail? I can do either one.

Name:  Single Holder.jpg
Views: 3519
Size:  42.8 KB
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by callshy View Post
    Are you looking for a single rod holder for the round rail or a t-bar set-up to mount on a round rail? I can do either one.

Name:  Single Holder.jpg
Views: 3519
Size:  42.8 KB
    Single holder, probably half a dozen.