Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Izzy,

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Hey Izzy,

and the rest of yall that are going to make it in October. How about a compitetion to make things interesting, and maybe learn something too.
    While down in Florida, they had a nice get together, but since that group was mostly a catch and release bunch for snook, reds and specks, they had a bang up rib cook off. I was thinking, how bout a crappie cooking contest. Those who want to compete, drop a buck in a hat. A person would only have to cook 3 or 4 for the judging, and that would make for a good cook out at the end. Only thing though, you would have to have a few volunteers to judge and not cook. Picking those guys would be the hardest part of it. Up to yall, what do ya think?????
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dusty, i'm in if everyone wants to. I volunteer to be a judge since i only cook em one way. Andy's and hot oil hehe. I'm on my way out the door, mama's takin me out to GRAZE. Talk to ya'll later on...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

sounds good to me, i can judge as well. is their still interest in picking up some "small" rather cheesy engraved trophy for the biggest slab? it could be a fun thing that we pass around everytime we do this. i'll pay for it and then whoever wants to throw some bucks in to offset the cost woudl be welcome to do so.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Go for it Fry. I'm sure everyone would chip in a few bucks on it. Theres a place here in town that sells and engraves trophies and does t-shirt printing, if you want me to get a price to compare with i will. Let me know...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

I like that idea fry sort of like a crappie fishermans stanley cup i'll chip in.How did the grazing go izzy did ya get your belly full?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

BUUURRRPPP, you betcha bugman. Joe Bacardi's, best Italian there is, their pizza is the best i've ever had. Is the fishin pickin up for ya any. Man i'm gettin the nervous twitches bad, but it's gonna be at least a couple weeks before i can get way..izzy
    Last edited by izzysfishin; 06-10-2006 at 06:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Still tough goin again tommorrow mornin and this time i'm gettin there before daylight i've been goin after work in the afternoon and they have been slow i think the early bite should be better i'm also going to pull some cranks the ones i have been catching seem to be scattered and not really stuck to brush will let ya know the results.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fished from noon to 2:30 and got a limit but they werent nothing to brag about,got up at 4 to find it storming and moped around the house till i couldnt take it anymore so i gave it a shot i have had better days but then again i have had worse at least i got to go fishin.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna do my best to get the trailer fixed this weekend so i can go. I'm gettiin antsy real bad...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Izzy, if ya want to go and don't mind sharing a boat with a rookie, come on up and I'll take ya out on T.H.
    Dusty

New signature maybe: "Sometimes your the dog, sometimes your the hydrant."
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast