Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Fishing Experience and Crappie.Com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Fishing Experience and Crappie.Com

I recently joined Crappie.Com. It was interesting how I learned of the site. I am at heart, or was for most of my life a Bass fisherman. I never would even try Crappie fishing until about 5 years ago when I relocated to the Central Missouri Region near Truman Lake. After two seasons of bass fishing I told my friend I would try Crappie Fishing with him. My friend who at the time was a fishing guide on Truman Lake took me to several great crappie holes. Since that day I have never fished for Bass intentionally again. To this day I only Crappie fish, and at times have to convince my old Bass buddies to Crappie fish with me. Somehow, an intense passion for Crappie fishing has filtered into my blood.

Since that day approximately 5 years ago I have learned a great deal about Crappie fishing. This past April I was camping and enjoying some good Crappie fishing at Truman Lake. That was when I encountered Tom-Tom. Tom-Tom and I began a conversation about my dog who was hanging out around the camp. After talking a while we decided to hang out and talk Crappie. After some time passed Tom-Tom invited me and my wife to come over to his camp. That was when we met Slab and Bill-Bob and learned about Crappie.Com. There was a huge Crappie.com banner around the other side of there camp that I hadn't noticed.

As we all began talking and having a good time I began to think these are some really nice folks, and how fortunate for the most part all they have to do is Crappie fish. After hearing of the gangs somewhat of a tough day of fishing. I asked Tom-Tom if he would like to go out fishing in the evening. He and I did go fishing. The first tree we came to Tom-Tom caught a nice fish. After running up the lake a bit Tom-tom and I began to discuss the many things that we had in common. Then we fished the second tree, the third tree, the fourth tree, I remember Tom-Tom catching nice fish at each tree. We then came to this one particular tree I had in mind Tom-Tom said put that big nice Shiner on there, of course I did. We both dropped in, as mine was hitting bottom Tom-Tom pulled out a nice 12 inch Crappie at the same time a very nice fish grabbed my Shiner on the bottom I could not get it in, it got away.

We proceeded back to the marina and Tom-Tom asked what I would make my screen name for Crappie.com. I thought of many names. We were very pleased with the amount of fish we had caught in a short evening journey. We all hung-out at camp and told stories throughout much of the night. I remember Bill-Bob wanting to hear George Jones as me and Tom-Tom listened to the Scorpions.

The next morning as we all prepared to leave the camp I was asked again about my screen-name and truly did not have any good ideas. A couple days later while attempting to register to Crappie.com, it came to me, Shiner is going to be my screen name. Since that time I have been exploring the Crappie.com website and learning about crappie adventures. I have also maintained contact with Slab, Tom-Tom, and when he does resurface at times Bill-Bob, by the way Hi Bill-Bob I hope your reading this. What great people are members of the Crappie community and of this website.

I am planning to fish the Crappie Masters MO State Championship at the end of August and hope to see some of you there, and look forward to meeting more members in the Missouri Region thanks for making Crappie fishing what it is today.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a new guy here and have read.....and read......and read way back on many sections of this sight and totally agree that the folks here are super. Sharing info, techniques, encouraging others, etc. Like you, I was a bass fisherman when I was more involved with the sport 20+ years ago and viewed the panfish as fun but not the main event. My focus changed due to 2 trips to the same lake on successive weeks with my fishing buddy at the time. The first week we started our bassing as usual but they were few and far between that night but the crappie were eating everything we were tossing; I had no cooler and we threw everything back. Broke my heart to do it but it was mid summer and hot. The next week we came prepared with a cooler and ice and it was a replay of the week before except we went right to the crappie and bluegill. My buddy had brought his light pole rather than his bass rod and I only had one rod at the time, best described as a medium action bass rod. I used his rod for a while and it was amazing how much more I could feel with it. We kept many, many fish, mostly crappie, including the best bunch of bluegill I had caught up to that time. We were amazed at the 'gills; we could hardly get our hand around them to unhook 'em. Next time we went I had my new very-light spinning rod and left the bass rod at home. Always took the cooler back, too.

Now I'm fishing that lake again after roughly 15 years and am still getting the nice bluegill and sunfish, but having a tough time finding the secret to the crappie. I'm going to downsize my bait offerings to see if it makes a difference. I'm catching just a few, can't say I've got them figured out, so I'm looking for tidbits I can apply from the boards here. I just know that the nice folks here will mention something to someone else and I'll slap my forehead and wonder why I hadn't thought of doing it that way.

Great board here, no politics, good humor, lots of ribbing and give and take fun insults; whats not to like?

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Great stories from both of you! Just don't let that Billbob character pull the wool over your eyes. He's vewy twicky. Slab? Who's that? Heh, welcome to the excellant and wonderful world of Crappie!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome stories and yes....this is truly a great sight with even better people. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from North Carolina, i too enjoy learning from here and watching the banter

Post Thanks / Like

Great stories and welcome from northeast Missouri

Post Thanks / Like

Great stories!
    CRAPPIE fishing is not a sport, its a way of life!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Kentucky. Come join us for the Crappie.com shindig at Ky. Lake. Details are on the Ky. board! I have been crappie fishing since 1978 and still love it.
    Something about that thump!
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

west ky sez hay y'all...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast