Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Vis line

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Vis line

Is there a reason for it other than you being able to see it better??
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default under water

I almost purchased some Hi Vis yellow Stren the other day. I really like to be able to see my line when the crappie are biting light. My question is can it be seen real good under water. The reason I use stren clear blue flo is you can see it it above water but it turns clear under water. Some people claim it does not matter if fish can see your line but, when the crappie are hard to catch I need all the help I can get. If anyone has used the stren hi vis yellow and can tell me what they think of it . I would like to hear from you
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got some on a couple Wally Marshall reels I got from BPS. l don't know what brand it is and I think its probably 4lb. It seems to have very low memory. Since my fishing is 95% trolling, I really don't see where it is an advantage. I am seriously considering putting 15lb Power Pro on everything. I can't keep up with what I have on what pole. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Pig, i used the stuff for years night fishing. for some reason a few years ago i quit using it. However ive decided when i can get to bass pro, im gonna get enough of it to use on my night fishing and trolling rods.. I always liked it and we caught a lot of fish using the stuff. I never noticed a difference in it and the other lines. thats my opinion
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks rango

Could you see it underwater vey easy?
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Default line

I have been using "Mr. Crappie" line by BPS and Stren hi-vis gold, fished right next to my partner the other day and he used clear Stren, i caught just as many if not more fish than he did. I haven't found it matters much, but.....the water we fish isn't very clear, might make a difference when fishing crystal clear waters, don't think i would want to use it then, maybe drop down in line size and go ultra clear. Just my 2* worth. By the way, BPS Mr. Crappie does have some line memory, it's not bad but think i'll stay with the stren from now on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default lum

Thanks for the reply Lum. I tried some bps mr. crappie line also and definitly prefer Stren. I have been kind of Loyal to Stren for some reason.

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If those green lights don't scare them away I can't see where a little hi-vis line would matter. As anyone who has fished High Rock can tell you they probably can't see the line in this water anyway. May be different in clearer lakes, but we use brightly colored jigs & lures to attract fish, why not line.
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hi-vis.

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN
    Thanks for the reply Lum. I tried some bps mr. crappie line also and definitly prefer Stren. I have been kind of Loyal to Stren for some reason.
    I,ve used stren hi- vis yellow for yhe last twenty years -----if it makes any difference I can,t tell it <> fish shelbyville in IL. and FL. tea stained water in the winter , one of the guides that writes in the crappie world thinks it helps him in the clear water of TENN.
    perchjerker
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I fish the fireline in hi-vis. 2 big advantages for me are that it shows up well at night and 8 or even 10 pound line has the diameter of 4 pond mono. thats important when you get hung up, I can usually straighten out the hook before the line breaks. We catch as many fish on it as the rods that have mono. In my opinion it works very well. One problem was on the smaller reels the line would slip on the spool when I set the hook. A little scotch tape fixed that problem. Good luck CK.

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast