Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids Corner post contest#2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kids Corner post contest#2

This is a great idea Nimrod and Toni Mae and i will be posting regularly

Here is a video from June 09 staring Toni Mae "the Tsunami" Fetters......its a classic!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Couple weeks ago I took my niece Kira fishing on a hot muggy evening. In the past she would bring toys and coloring books to entertain herself when she was bored. Times have changed and she is now extremly interested in everything about fishing and why things are done a certain way. She sat in the front of the boat and controlled the trolling motor while she picked her spot from the selections I gave her. She had a million questions about the fish finder and why would a fish bite a fake bait instead of a real one. Her conclusion is that fish are kinda dumb.

Her pole set up of choice for this day was a pink Ugly Stick she got for her birthday rigged with a pink bobber and pink Wally Marshall hook. She chose to use wax worms over minnows because the wax worms looked tasty. After about twenty minutes she caught her very first Crappie ever.
    Name:  KiraCrappie.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  20.1 KB

She also caught many small bluegills that day.
    Name:  IMG_0078.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  65.1 KB
    Its a safe bet to say that she is hooked for life now and she has decided to teach my daughter the way of a fishergirl. Yesterday I was doing some maintenance on my boat, poles, and installing an onboard charger when I was joined by some helpers.
    Name:  Ava and Kira.JPG
Views: 446
Size:  71.0 KB
    Its nice to know that I'll always have great fishing partners in the future.
    Taking a kid fishing makes the world a better place one memory at a time.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Please post only in this thread to be entered in contest. The contest runs through Sunday August 19 at 6.00pm. Looking forward to posts. Slab if you would please post prizes. Thanks for the wonderful posts and good luck. Hope to spread the winning around so pass the word, like to see lots of new entries.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fun day without even a bite

I decided to take the family out and try out the new batch of squirrel killers. Well, the day was far from catching a limit of crappie, actually, I never even got a bite. BUT, I did have one of the most enjoyable days on the water I have had in a really long time.

Video of Mr. Catfish driving the boat:

Momma and Mr. Catfish:

Tree:

You Can Make a Difference!

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics but I'd be worried about his leg on top of the battery!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The prize for this contest will be Billbob's Raffle #8 winnings he donated to the Kids Corner. Thank you so much Billbob.

Slab Daddy Supper's they are just like the TTI Blakemore Buffet's I mention here (http://www.crappie.com/crappie/conte...ast-icast.html) but with Slab Daddies instead of Road Runners.

And these are not available anywhere right now, they are brand spanking new, not on the market yet.
    If you win this raffle you will be one of the very first to have one.

Additionally, I will include a couple Road Runners.

PLUS I'm throwing in a Crappie.com hat.

Crappie.com Mossy Oak Cloth Back Hat with Buckle Closure
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

This is Payton,CK101 grandson. They trolled within talking distance of me all day Sunday and I learned 1 thing,PaPaw know the answer to everything. Grandsons and there Grandpaw have special relationships and he loves to fish. If you give that boy a vienna sausage can and some minnows hes set for the day.Name:  billyscameraaugust2012 015.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  36.4 KB
    MEATGETTER JIGS PRO STAFF
    Hand Tied and Built to Last
    "The best jig is the one they are biting - Meatgetter Jigs" BillyE

Post Thanks / Like

who won the first one ??????????
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

Default He makes me proud to be able to say im his daddy!!!!

This is my son Braydun, he is 5 years old and loves to fish and spend what he calls "our man time" together. Haha. This was his third time going crappie fishing with me. The first time out I did most everything. Meaning held the rod, set the hook, an then he realed them in. He was hooked from the start as was i at his age. Our second trip out all he wanted to do was cast his rod all by himself. He told me that he was going to be better than me soon. The drive he had to improve was incredible. Then brings us to our third trip. I dedcided it was time an he was ready to learn to take care of buissiness on his own. He was jumping at the bit to get his little zebco 11 ultra-light and teach me how it was done. So we hit the lake an when we got to my favorite tree off i sent him. He handed me the minnow and i baited his hook an off we went. I was so anxious for him that i didnt even get a rod out of the box all day. It didnt take long an he had his first crappie in the boat, all by himself he casted it, set the hook and reeled him in all on his own. He was so proud of himself, but no where near as proud as I was. The iceing on this cake was when we got home to momma she asked if he had a good time an his response was " of coarse I did, Im daddys #1 fishing buddy." So to my number one fishing buddy. Dads proud of you!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MEATGETTER View Post
    who won the first one ??????????
    Fatman's post won tackle and all 3 entries a shirt unless I'm mistaken.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast