Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future Beach Trophy Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

Default Future Beach Trophy Kayak

Has anyone ever used one of these? Im in the market for a kayak and these are very stable because of the concave shaped bottom but might be slow. just wondering if anyone else has this opinion. i have never even been in a kayak and am doing some homework before i buy. any comments would be appreciated. i am going to get a "sit in" because i do most fishing and duck hunting in cold weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Try it out, before you buy it (regardless of make or model). You'll know if it works for you. But yes, the convex hull will have more intitial stability, but will be slower (especially turning).

Post Thanks / Like

I have a FB Angler (SOT) and love it. It's my 1st Kayak, but I have zero complaints with it, well built, high weight capacity vs hull weight, and easily rigged. I've no doubt there are "faster" kayaks out there, but I'm never in a hurry to get anywhere, and wasn't looking to spend a lot, but feel the $350 I dropped for mine was money well spent.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

I have the future beach trophy 126 an have no complaint, bought mine from dicks back in november an got it on sale for $279.00. Mines rigged for spider rigging with 4 rods, anchor trolley, a small dash area with a fishfinder

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the try it before you buy it. It makes it difficult with the big box stores, since they usually don't have demo models or demo days. Try to find a mom and pop place near you. They will always have demo models and often will have days set aside as demo days.

I would strongly suggest looking at a sit-on-top. I think you will find them more versatile, if you're looking to fish or hunt. Not that there is anything wrong with sit-inside, but, SOT are much easier to get in/out of and unless the hull cracks, a SOT will always float, even if you turtle it.

Post Thanks / Like

ok i just got the future beach trophy 126. not what i went for, i wanted the 12ft field n stream camo but Dick's was out of them and said it would take about 3 weeks to get one in. this one i got was on sale for 349$ but has a factory booboo where a hole was drilled through the hull, so they gave me another 100$ off. im searching to find out what kind of epoxy to use to fix. i got a stainless steel machine screw, nut and a rubber washer that will fix it fine but the hole is right under where the seat is mounted and im having trouble getting the nut started. this hole is only about 1/4".

Post Thanks / Like

A little confused...are you saying the hole is in the bottom of the hull itself?

Post Thanks / Like

Alexava, did you get this at Dick's on 72? I bought my son one that was $129 off and it was just missing the drain plug. They even let me take a drain plug from another one that was marked down to $169.
    What color did you get? His is yellow, bout the only thing I didn't care for.

Post Thanks / Like

yes it was green in the back of the store. i saw the yellow one. the yellow was marked down because of the handling scratches they said.

yes wt101 the hole is through the hull. i put the screw and rubber washer in it today.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a suggestion. I purchased my yak at Mountain Sports and found out they had the ability to repair tears & holes with a special heat gun
    and can match just about any color kayak. They told me just about any good kayak dealer that specialized in kayaks and accessories, would
    have the equipment to make the repairs. A 1/4" hole would be easy to repair if you could find a kayak dealer with the equipment. Just a thought.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast