Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Your mind, heart, or funny-bone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your mind, heart, or funny-bone

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Here's a link to articles I post on my website. A new one will be posted each week. Enjoy! www.familyfishingtrips.com/News.htm
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hydra's Microscopic Animals that crappie eat when they are small

Darryl:

I have this theory about tube jigs. Being a scientist and having taken lots of Biology Classes and having had access to lots of microscopes when I grew up I studied the Hydra's in Biology Classes. These things look almost exactly like the tube jigs that we all fish with these days. These hydras are microscopic but they are feed upon by the crappie when the crappie are young. I have this theory the the crappie see the jigs as big hydras and since they fed on these hydra when they were first born they remember them as good to eat.

That's my theory and I am sticking to it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Here's a link to articles I post on my website. A new one will be posted each week. Enjoy! www.familyfishingtrips.com/News.htm
    Regards,

Moose1am

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey Darryl ...

What made you decide on the Herrington boat ? And where did you purchase it ? And what do you think of it, overall ?
    I ask because : the boat is made locally (on Herrington Lake in Central KY) and Herrington Lake is my "true" home lake ... having fished it since I was a boy. ............cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Herrington Boat

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    What made you decide on the Herrington boat ? And where did you purchase it ? And what do you think of it, overall ?
    I ask because : the boat is made locally (on Herrington Lake in Central KY) and Herrington Lake is my "true" home lake ... having fished it since I was a boy. ............cp
    I purchased the boat from Rick and Jackie Thompson of Campbell, MO - good guys. They won the boat in 2002 in the NACA classic tournament. I bought it because of the price. I believe I paid for a motor and trailer and got a boat for free. They did some modifications and had some unrepaired damage, both of which I was willing to live with and repair. Plus, at the time, I only fished from a small modified jon and really needed something more safe for bigger water. It's a good boat, very dependable. But I'm male-human, if you know what I mean. I'm ready for something bigger and better. It will be a few years, but my next boat purchase will probably be a center-console model so I can take more people, safer, on fishing trips. Took my jon out last weekend and it was a world of difference. It was nice to get back to some simplicity. Kinda felt like I was driving a water go-cart.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]