Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: a few thugs (channel cats)...

Post Thanks / Like

Default a few thugs (channel cats)...

That's them betwenn the squash and hush puppies. Prepared according to some advice from here. I skinned a few fillets (still had silverskin) and filleted a few to compare. No difference in taste on the small cats whether skinning or filleting. My catsfish went 3 and 5 pounds and tasted great. I cut into 1/2"- 3/4" strips, soaked in milk for 1/2 hour, coated with 50/50 flower/corn meal, and pan fried. Very mild flavor with no fishy taste. Next time I'll add some spices to the the breading and cut back on the corn meal a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pic...How cute...The 2 adult sized plates and then the smaller one for the youngster...I bet they thought you were WACKED...making them wait while you took pictures...of all things...

Post Thanks / Like

I just finally figured out there's more to fish than just catch and release. I had to get a pic of my first fresh caught meal. Besides, I didn't get any before pics of the thugs, but they sure look nice after. They smell alot better too.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin