Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Charlie Kent Memorial Tourney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charlie Kent Memorial Tourney

WACA (West Alabama Crappie Association) is helping organize and host a tourney in the honor of Charlie Kent. Most of you knew Mr Charlie and knew that he loved helping kids and enjoyed teachin them how to fish. He was also an excellent guide and fisherman himself, but furthermore, he was just a good person in my book.
    Anyhow, after his passing, several of us around Columbus and friends of Crappiehunter68, Charlie's son, decided we would host a tourney in his honor. In talking with Ch68, he said Charlie's favorite charity was St Jude's. So we decided to host this tourney and make a donation in his name. We will be collecting corporate sponsor donations for this donation and using the some of the entry fees to pay out the prize money.
    The tourney will be held September 29 from 6:00-1:00 on the same lakes as the Crappiemasters Classic. This will be the weekend before the classic and will not interfere with any off limit rules. Entry fees will be $50 per boat and this will be a one fish tourney. So if you're qualified for the classic and will be on the lake Pre fishing, please try and help us out.
    We will have people set up at Aberdeen, Columbus and Aliceville Lakes to take up money and register everyone. Weigh in will be at the Pavillion at the east bank landing on Wilkins-Wise Rd in Columbus, MS from 1:00-2:00.

If you can't fish it and would like to make a donation, pm me and I'll fill you in on how to do this. Any donations will be greatly appreciated.

This tourney has been approved by St Jude and is totally a non-profit function of WACA and friends of Mr Charlie.

Thanks

Minnerman
    Crazyanglertackle.com
    Slab Bandits Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Come on guys!!!!!!! This is for a Great cause St. Jude is the best in the world when it comes to children hospitals and Cancer Research. If you can not make the turny i hope you find it in your heart to donate what ever you can.God Bless you all.
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

Ttt

Minnerman
    Crazyanglertackle.com
    Slab Bandits Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys just saw this. I too knew Charlie and he was always nice to me and dad. If my schedule allows me dad and I will fish it. God Bless

Post Thanks / Like

Just completed payout details. The tourney will payout a guaranteed $500 to the winner with the largest, live crappie.

Minnerman
    Crazyanglertackle.com
    Slab Bandits Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Ttt

Minnerman
    Crazyanglertackle.com
    Slab Bandits Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Ttt

Minnerman
    Crazyanglertackle.com