Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wareagle 861 predator boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wareagle 861 predator boat

I,m new on this site. I have been looking at boats for awhile and have narrowed my search down to a wareagle 861 predator. Actually found this site while reading about the boat on a post from someone on here and Kent Driscoll from Wareagle. The boat is rated for 115hp. But I think I would like a 9ohp. Does anyone on here own a wareagle 861? If so , what horsepower? Would like to know how it performs! ANy insite will be appreciated. There is no dealer close to here.

Post Thanks / Like

We've got the 2011 model with a 115 Yammy 4 stroke. If you're gonna pull the trigger, get the 115, you won't be disappointed. With me & Paul, a big ole Lab, 2 full live wells and all our gear, she'll still do 45 mph (gps) and doesn't take forever to get up on plane. It's a solid boat, built tough and imho best suited for crappie fishing.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

NEVER....NEVER....go DOWN in horsepower....NEVER. You should be looking for ways to get a 150 on it if you could. Stay with the 115.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a war eagle 861 with a 90 yamaha 4 stroke. with my wife, my daughter and myself i can get 36 ish mph. if i were to do it over i'd try to figure out how get the extra $ for the 115hp. i'm not dissatisfied, but the extra power would come in handy. virginia doesn't have a war eagle dealer either. i made the 15 hour drive to mississippi marine in tupelo to get mine. bill morgan's a good guy to work with and gave me the best price and i shopped around a lot since i was going to have to travel anyway. if you talk to bill ask him about a walk around trailer. love mine! have fun

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering if you would share an approximate cost.Also what sort of gas performance do you have? I know I want this boat, but want to be sure before I spend a bunch of money and not be satisfied. Done that one time before. Thanks for the post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post. Can you tell me what sort of gas usage you get? And an approximate cost for one. Haven't found any dealers on line with a price posted. I want to make this be my last boat. lol.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 861. Got everything on it including his/hers coffee cans and mud dobbers. 115 Yama 4 stroke. It still floating......I ain't looked for another big boat since I got this one in 2008.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

i think you might need to call the dealers. there are lots of options ($) to think about before settling on what you're going to buy. i couldn't tell you what my fuel economy is. 662-842-8262 ask for bill; nice guy. they hope to earn your business, but i never felt any sense of obligation until the deal was made.

Post Thanks / Like

i bought one in 2011 with 115 yam 4 stroke and min kota terrova i pilot. did pretty good on gas, mine would run 39 mph gps. 26000.00 sold it and went fiberglass.
    kost plus crappie team

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought but it would be worth comparing to the PFC 18 from express. I've had both. If I did it again I would probably go fiberglass boat like above and have great bass boat and get set up for crappie like he has done with his z8. Nice z8 set up!! Also go 115 at least and and if xpress do the 150. I did the 115 and it does 48 loaded to 50 with jack plate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast