Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Taking the kids out to Truman - fishing report?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking the kids out to Truman - fishing report?

We haven't been to Truman all year (too darned busy with work etc....heck only fished 1 1/2 days all year) but I promised my son and his buddy I'd take them fishing before school started up - and since I have to staff the beekeeping booth at the state fair on Friday morning anyway, it looks like this weekend is it! Barring other advice, our plans are to camp at Bucksaw, and I'm looking for a current fishing report to see if that's our best bet or if we should head farther downstream. I did see one thread on here that the fish were shallow but I'm all ears if anybody wants to help me put these 2 boys on some fish this weekend. Thanks ! Ralph
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fish the flats along the channel. Minnows and minnows behind a jig has been working for us. Good to hear from you. We are having a fall camp at LOZ and Truman this year. First and second week of Oct.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a good time, it been a while since you been on here.

Post Thanks / Like

just left there . caught a bunch in the first bend past the pass through .minnow caught the most . silver and chartreuse jigs caught the big ones but a lot slower . fish were suspended 10 to 12 foot deep .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Jared, I saw the camp notes and we've blocked out that weekend on the calendar already. Been too long!
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!