Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Who says fish don't bite when it is hot out?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who says fish don't bite when it is hot out?

Had some time to kill yesterday afternoon so went to Halleck Park for an hour and caught 2 bass, 1 nice 11 inch crappie, a catfish and a small Bluegill. It was 102 degrees while I was catching these fish. The fish was cool to the touch tho. I fished by an aireator that was pumping water and in around 15 ft of water. Caught most of them on a 1/16th ball jig head with a chartruese RR umbrella tube on the back. The cat and bluegill came on a 1 inch piece of nightcrawler, on a red #6 hook with a #7 weight about a foot up from the hook. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

A crappie, at Halleck Pond? Very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Their is some really nice Crappie in there. Several guys have been putting them in there. You aren't suppose to take them out tho. You can only take the trout, cat and bluegills out. I have caught some really nice Bass out of there also. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't take them out anyway. I don't know how many there are. I never tried for crappie out there. Guy caught a bass out there today, but put it back. It looked big enough to meet the 21" req.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job EB, watch out Chris ole EB catch fish out of a 5 gallon bucket, and fill another doing it
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat