Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just slide over the hump

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Just slide over the hump

As many of you know Kanop doesn't have much longer until you won't be able to launch a boat. It's getting trickier to "just slide over the hump" to the mainlake, I'm guessing most bigger boats are about done. But that didn't stop me today, I found em all, the whole school. Them slabs was high in the water and blacked me out all morning long. I kept about 20+ that were 12"-15" with one pop can swallowing behemoth. Sure I had to sort through some future fish and tossed some quality fish back, but it's that 5th trip, everytime. Had 2 piles a good skip apart, started on the deeper one then over to the adjacent one. That shallower pile them fish were 7'-12' and hungry, I mean they flat knocked the snot out of the jig. Got some new video/camera thing I'll try for some pics.Thumbs Up
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good where is Kanop

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedoc View Post
    As many of you know Kanop doesn't have much longer until you won't be able to launch a boat. It's getting trickier to "just slide over the hump" to the mainlake, I'm guessing most bigger boats are about done. But that didn't stop me today, I found em all, the whole school. Them slabs was high in the water and blacked me out all morning long. I kept about 20+ that were 12"-15" with one pop can swallowing behemoth. Sure I had to sort through some future fish and tossed some quality fish back, but it's that 5th trip, everytime. Had 2 piles a good skip apart, started on the deeper one then over to the adjacent one. That shallower pile them fish were 7'-12' and hungry, I mean they flat knocked the snot out of the jig. Got some new video/camera thing I'll try for some pics.Thumbs Up

Okay Doc, when we going!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ozark88 View Post
    okay doc, when we going!!!
    x2
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
    Izaak Walton, 1653

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do many pics, so loading them in isn't 2nd nature to me. I'm gonna get some help loading, I took some pics with that fish next to my electric carving knife and it's almost as long as the knife, almost. It's one nice specimen, it kinda got me going on 2009 up at Glen, which I think would've compared to Grenada.

Hey Joe, when this ramp runs shallow Milfords next!!!!!

Ozark88, you take the pics and we'll both fish
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

your day was way better than ours! I took my son and his buddy to Lake Shawnee for a change of scenery and we decided we'd pull cranks for eyes, well, that turned into a rotten day. my son fell out of the boat, we didn't catch any keepers and the dang motor overheated, the intakes got plugged with millfoil. we ended up changing the impeller in the heat of the afternoon after hosing the boat off and cleaning it up. I don't plan on going back there for a while. even though we washed the boat and trailer I'm gonna let it bake in the garage for a while before I take it back out, that millfoil is some nasty crap and I dont want to take a chance of moving that stuff to my favorite lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do many pics, so loading them in isn't 2nd nature to me. I'm gonna get some help loading, I took some pics with that fish next to my electric carving knife and it's almost as long as the knife, almost. It's one nice specimen, it kinda got me going on 2009 up at Glen, which I think would've compared to Grenada.

No problem Doc, I'll take pics and upload them!!

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know when you are heading to Milford, I would love to tag along and learn how to catch crappie in deep water!
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
    Izaak Walton, 1653

Post Thanks / Like

Yep Dan u don't need to have millfoil started in Clinton. PM'd u. DK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast