Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crowding At Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crowding At Truman

Gonna be long and wordy, am peaved. Launched at Longshoal, still dark. Just got on my favorite spot on tree line and another boat comes up the lake and cuts me off tree line-15' away and ties up. Was waiting for daylight to head for Mcginnin bend anyway. I BLASTED outta there and headed for Mcginnis-GPS. Later was up fishin at Clear Creak side of Tebo Island. Nother boat comes in 15' away and ties up. Gimme a break!! Kept my big mouth shut, but asked the second couple if I was in there way? Before I go off the deep end--somebody please tell me what is normal fishing etiquette and how do you deal with people crowding?? Truman is 55,000 acres of water, I don't appreciate people fishing in my livewell!!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have it happen to me too but as a longliner I just troll around 'em and keep going. It can upset you if you let it but then that ruins a fishing trip. There's nothing wrong with saying something to them but I wouldnt say anything in a nature to start even more trouble. Now after that being said...I've mellowed ALOT in my years. I used to get ugly with some of 'em.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you. Normal fishing etiquette is gonna be slightly different from person to person, but I have always either fished behind people or made sure to stay plenty far away from those who are tied up. Happened to be down there this week and a guy came into the bluff my dad and I were fishing along and tied up in front of us. We never said anything and just let it go because we know there is other water and didn't want to ruin the day, but it was pretty frustrating as we watched him catch a dozen keepers off that tree that we were going to fish next.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the same happen to me many times!! I had a jerk pull up and tie up to the same tree i was fishing!! I just told him I only charge $250 a day + fuel and oil.. If he wouldnt have had his wife and two young girls with him he would have gotten an ear full of vulgarity!! Like everyone else has stated. just go around them and kill em with kindness.. Easier said than done i know , but dont let it ruin your day!
    Life is a game................ Fishin is SERIOUS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

well that is hard to answer, some on here do not want to be talked to while on the water, some on here want to be talked to , I do not mind if you tie to the same tree as me, I will share, I may ask for a drink or samich, or sing off key, but your welcome arround my boat anytime, anybody,,,, true story,,,, no back on subject, a normal person will without thinking will see someone fishing and think man they must be biting, lets try over by him/her. and think it's ok,,, not eavin thinking about your privicy. they are not meaning to be rude,just want to catch fish, kinda like a dog eating a skunk,,another dog sees it, and just has to have it,,,not realizing he is in for a stink..... peace man

Post Thanks / Like

i was in brush creek a couple of years back in january must have been 20 boats with in a 50 yard radiusn needless to say everyone was talking. no one offered me a samich though beagle man

Post Thanks / Like

You all are a lot more tolerant than I am

Post Thanks / Like

my dad taught me alway's to kill them with kindness,,, he alway's use to say "i'm sorry, are we in your spot?" and we would just move on, as my dad was cussing them under his breath i tend to do the same thing... like other's said not worth getting all worked up and spoiling a fishing trip. when someone cut's you off the damage has already been done and sure i could yell at them til i'm blue in the face but it's really not gonna change A THING except for me having a bad attitude the rest of the day, and it's just not worth it to me. however my partner in crime KCBALLER is another story he's not at all in favor of the "kill them with kindness" mentality
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If we are just moving from tree to tree, stump to stump I'd never say a word, but if I'm on a spot and someone comes and ties up within a boat length then thats a different story.
    WolfmanJack051
    Gambler Bass Boat

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No reason to ruin your day so just let it go and move on if you wish or stay and enjoy your day, heck there are 54,999.99 other acres to fish. I don’t like it when someone sits next to me or in front of me in a movie theater either so I just move. It is a public lake and everyone has their own opinion on what is proper etiquette.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast