Over on Kids Corner we have a poll for a winning story with photos. I could not decide as they were both great so I'm asking everyone to read and vote. The plan is more contests soon .I hope to see your kids, grandkids, nieces or nephews fishing stories on there. Maybe you know a kid without a dad or maybe one who's dad is just too busy. Please mentor our youth and it makes great reading to post.
I recieved a phone call from a young man (40) who now has a son of his own . He had talked to my sister-inlaw who grew up next door to him . She gave him my phone # and he called. We talked for a good while. The boy's dad fished Bass tournaments with me in a local Bass Club. To make a long story short, his dad left him home when he fished or hunted. I got to going by and taking him instead of his dad fishing and hunting. Well the phone call was to thank me. Now he is an avid outdoorsman and taking his son. I invited them up to go fishing sometime. You never realize how many folks you influnce with the outdoors.This sort of touched me that he called after 25 years to thank me.