Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A member needs help with' How To' powder painting

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb A member needs help with' How To' powder painting

Lets help our members that want to start powder painting with some 'How to' info.
    Here is one members questions.

Eatmorecrappie

Where do you buy this powder paint and how do you paint them? Do you use a brush, spray gun or do ya'll dip them in paint? Sorry never done it but would like to try. Thanks, Mark
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a little info,
    Crazy Angler, Barlow's, Jann's Netcraft are just a few places to buy your powder paint. You will need a heat source to heat your jigheads. Heat-gun, candle or alcohol burner, you will have to find the one that works best for you. Most dip the heads if not painting many but a fluid bed works well if you will be painting a lot of heads.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

As Stump said Crazy, barlows, Janns and another one I get powder from is TJs tackle a member on the board Welcome to TJ's Tackle I've trying several ways I've started using a heat gun, but like Stump said you have to find what's best for you. If you look in the jig tying section I've listed step by step instructions for building a fluid bed, which doesn't cost very much.

If you want to try it start with one color, and just dip them in the cup to see how you'll like it. Even dipping in the jar takes practice so you don't get to much on the jig.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Same places these guys suggest or BPS carries a few colors if you have one close. I use a heat gun because I happened to have one and it works good for me. I had to learn by trial and error because I started long before I found this site. Utilize all these guys. Everyone of them is more than willing to answer any question you might have and will walk you trough it. I have really learned a lot about pouring and painting just reading their post's.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your help.