Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kayaking Lily Pond, Sat AM

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kayaking Lily Pond, Sat AM

For anyone that might want to link up I'm returning to Lily Pond, Sat in the AM. I plan to catch a limit of Crappie, then spend some time dropping brush for the fall. Anyone with a kayak, canoe or flatbottom that would like to join me fishing, just see my rig or talk tactics is welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Dad said he saw you as you were leaving on Saturday morning. He was out exploring to find us some new places to try. Dad, my wife and I tried Lily Pond (aka Martin Springs Branch) Friday afternoon. Bite was slow, but we were able to bring in 9 nice keepers prior to sunset (fished a little over 2 hours). Color did not seem to matter and they were at a depth 8-18 inches in about 2 to 3 foot of water. Just singles, possibly had one "Double" bite the entire evening. Wife's first "drifting" experience, and she decided she likes the spring and fall structure fishing better... Hope my daughter (in picture below) loves fishing as much as her daddy, cause we already got her a lifetime license!
    Name:  IMG_0781[1].jpg
Views: 236
Size:  36.8 KBName:  IMG_0782[1].jpg
Views: 233
Size:  55.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a nice mess of eaters, Lily Pond is full of Crappie, you end up dragging a lot of water before you find them though. I think they just swim around in gangs following the bait fish, not thick just spead out in a general area. I kept 20 Sat morning. I stopped fishing to drop some structure over at Leemon (the next slough to the west). By the time I cut bamboo, hauled to the slough, concreted into buckets, let harden and made four trips back and forth dropping into the slough it started raining and I had to call it a day.

Name:  120804.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  49.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I almost forgot. I met a fellow board member and his son at Lily Sat morning. Some of these fish were his!