Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone here throw beavers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone here throw beavers

Anyone ever use the BPS Crappie Beaver or the YUM 2" Beaver or the Yum wooly beaver? I 3 people- someone who has some knowledge for each of these 3 baits, PM me or post here!

Post Thanks / Like

Never used them but if you removed the side pincher legs it looks like a miniature Manns Sting Ray grub. Don't troll so wouldn't know it's action for that but I can see it being a great dock shooting bait, cast and retreive or vertical presentation bait.

Use a kind of pop, pop pop retreive to make it mimic a fleeing crayfish, or in a vertical presentation wrist snaps to make it pop up and flutter back down.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

After reading an article a couple years back about Todd Huckabee and his love on the Yum Wooly Beavertails, I went in search of and only found the Bass Pro crappie beaver. I have fished em many times and even mixed em in a trolling spread that was very hot and have never even had a bite on em. Don't have anymore left and will not buy them again. But that was my take on it and i am sure there is people who have had success like todd's with them. Just not me.

Post Thanks / Like

The Yum Wooly Beavers are extremely popular here in Oklahoma. Not just with Huckabee, but lot's of people like them. I've never trolled with them but have flipped, dipped, pitched and spider rigged with them very successfully. You can get them at BPS or Cabelas (or many other places in Oklahoma.) IMO, the bigger size is best! Also, I usually tear most of the head off for a short thick presentation. That's just me.
    Last edited by IkenI; 08-03-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: added
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I use them, and they work as good as anything as long as the color is right.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the YUM 2" Beavertails and have never used any other scented bait that crappie hold onto longer than a YUM product. I always pinched off the head and they really worked well on an 1/8 or 3/16 oz. CrappiePro jighead. I haven't used them in a while but picked up some the other day. I need to pick up the heads that I like to use with them.
    I don't have any recent pics but here are a few from when I was using them pretty regularly.

CATCH A BIG-UN