Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chick-fil-A

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chick-fil-A

Let's hear it for Chick-fil-A. I don't care where you stand on the fight. I'm proud of someone not only stating their principles, but when there were complaints and backlash in the media Dan Cathy didn't back off.

I sure wished he'd run for congress!Thumbs Up

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wished I coulda supported them today but theyre 50 miles away.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

X2. I posted this ahead of time on the NC board, to spread the word. I ate there today , and I support them all the way! People have got to start standing up for what they believe in! This country is headed in the wrong direction!

Post Thanks / Like

what did i miss

Post Thanks / Like

I think the greatest loss to America over the last four years is the ability to disagree. The founding fathers agreed on very little, but were able to accept that disagreement. After expressing their views they were able to accept a choice that was best for the country. Now the majority can be pushed into a corner so a minority won’t be offended.

Marriage used to be a religious act, a declaration between a man and a woman, that they were joining in the eyes of man and under God. At some point in history this left the church and became an administrative proceeding by the county court. Now it has becoming a proceeding defined by the federal government. I think marriage needs to return to the church. If a religious body would like to sanction a marriage (a civil union by most labels) between something other than a man and a women then let the county court put it on file, I don’t care. I’m just tire of someone deciding to change 2000 years of documented history and a tenant of Christian beliefs because a some small group (gays and lesbians) feel they’re being slighted or disadvantaged.

A hundred years ago Alabama could decided they didn’t agree with “civil unions” and the issued would end. The federal government stayed out of what wasn’t their business. You always had the choice as an individual to move to California.

Now somehow one person is offended and the federal government steps in an says the state is wrong. How did we arrive at a time in history when the beliefs of the few outweigh the majority?

I’m going to shut up now, I’m just scared for where we seemed to be heading.

Post Thanks / Like

If a religious body is Bible based, Then the only sanction marriage would be between a man and a women.

Post Thanks / Like

To Ditch Basser,

Couldn't have said it any better. I got lunch for myself and my wife from our local Chick-Fil-A and it took me nearly an hour to get served. There must have been at least 300 people on the premises the whole time I waited. The lady at the register said it started with breakfast and continued on the whole day. Proud to support Chick-Fil-A for their stand on this issue. Can't believe the Democrats are stupid enough to plan to openly endorse gay and lesbian marriage at their convention. I hope if they do it costs them big time in November. Just my two cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine at 3PM and the place was still hopin'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckChaser View Post
    To Ditch Basser,

Couldn't have said it any better. I got lunch for myself and my wife from our local Chick-Fil-A and it took me nearly an hour to get served. There must have been at least 300 people on the premises the whole time I waited. The lady at the register said it started with breakfast and continued on the whole day. Proud to support Chick-Fil-A for their stand on this issue. Can't believe the Democrats are stupid enough to plan to openly endorse gay and lesbian marriage at their convention. I hope if they do it costs them big time in November. Just my two cents worth.

From what I saw on the news and read on the INTERNET, it was a record turn out, It looks like the democrats and all the politicians would get the message!

Post Thanks / Like

When you own a business you try not to alienate your customers for making a public in political stance.Is everyone going to go out and buy chick-fil a on a daily or every other day for support?They have decent product that is over priced and really does not fill you up.
    It wasn't to long ago in that state of ALABAMA you could go to jail for marrying outside your race,or for working on Sundays.That being said marriage is between a man and a woman and I don't support same sex marriage but owning your own franchise does not make you a policy maker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast