Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh no!

My Mountaineer arriving at Beach Ford after a 60 mile trip.

I was heading back from Colonial Heights with the intention to stop by Bass Pro Shops when doing around 70 mph I heard a strange sound and both my tach and speedometer pegged out. I was able to safely get off the road and even made it off the exit just shy of the park and ride at the Toano Norge exit. (I think my Mountaineer wanted to head to Chick Lake) While in gear my Mountaineer will not move an inch. Tow truck driver thinks its the transfer case as you can move the vehicle while it is in park. They are going to look at it tomorrow and if I have to I will rent a vehicle to tow my boat fishing on Saturday if it's not repaired by then. I'm sure this won't be cheap.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Uh Oh, That's gonna be a 5 figure repair if it's the transfer case!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Uh Oh, That's gonna be a 5 figure repair if it's the transfer case!
    I'm sure it's a 4 figure repair but let's hope not a 5. 177,400 miles so I can't complain.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a major bummer. Hope it's not too bad. The bad part with transmission repairs is that it's either $300 or$3000. There doesn't seem to be anything between those two numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoops, can't count too good. Meant to say 4 figure. If the estimate is for 5 figures, take her out to a field and put a bullet thru the radiator! hope you get lucky and it's a simple fix.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks good for 177K. Fix 'er is cheaper than buying new. Plus, after that all you will need is a new motor.

When considering new, dont forget Chevy is the Cadillac of Fords!!!!! (If that doesn't make sense, I don't know what wont!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Idunno View Post
    It looks good for 177K. Fix 'er is cheaper than buying new. Plus, after that all you will need is a new motor.

When considering new, dont forget Chevy is the Cadillac of Fords!!!!! (If that doesn't make sense, I don't know what wont!)
    It's a 2004 and since I use it for business it's mostly freeway miles. Lots of trips to Richmond from Virginia Beach. (204 miles round trip) I did have a 89 Chevy Blazer that I put 311,000 miles on, went through three clutches, then I got a 96 Ford Explorer and put around 220,000 miles on top of the 30,000 or so it had when I bought it. I like the Mountaineer but I knew it was just a matter of time before something like this happened. I don't like what Chevy has to offer in the SUV market. Leaning towards an Expedition or maybe the new Explorer a year or so from now. (got to pay off my Lund first)

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 Suburbans: a 96 w/178K and a 97 w/240K. I like the way the new Fords look, but I love Suburbans!

Post Thanks / Like

Hpoe it's not exspensive to fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear bout your bad truck luck....Go buy a new jeep
    "Kids who hunt and fish dont steal and deal"

2012 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2012 Buggs Bash Champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast