Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What do you think ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you think ?

On this one I have some stuff on the 2d but no di is really visible is it due to the wider cone angles of 2d picking up the signal and I'm not directly over it for Di to see it ?

Same here?

My cursor is blocking the actual cover , but does this look like a man made piece. Look at the shadow

Trees or a lot of bait?? Im thinking trees

Bait or a bigger species?

Ttell me what you think!!
    Last edited by TITANSFAN2104; 07-31-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I experience the same thing with my 798. The transducer for the 798 doesn't have designated crystals for down imaging though. I will say one thing, if I see something on 2D but not on DI, then stop to fish it. I usually come up empty handed. If it shows up on 2D and DI, I usually get fish off it. Go figure?

Post Thanks / Like

You unit has a separate "sensitivity" for DI, 2D, and SI. I have to set my DI sensitivity much higher than my SI in order for it is show up better. I run my SI sensitivity on 10-12 and the DI sensitivity on 15-16. Just turn up your DI sensitivity and it will show up better.

From your images, the DI is picking up the fish. The DI will show the fish as small specks and the 2D will show large arches. You last picture looks really good to me. You can see the shad ball and several fish in the DI screen that match perfectly with the 2D screen.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you on the last pic with everything matching up. I was wondering about the arches in comparison to the si/di dots!! I was just thinking I might not be exactly over the top of the structure which I am in the last pic because I split the bait ball

Post Thanks / Like

The DI from SI conversion does not show as strong of a return as the true DI units. Crank up the sensitivity a good bit to get better returns but it will never show as strong as a true DI unit.