Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 7/31

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 7/31

Got out early and done early. Fished up river in 12-15 fow, down 7'-12'. If I got in water shallower than 10' or deeper than 15' the bite really slowed down. Colors didn't seem to matter. When I broke off I retied a different color and still caught fish. I'd have to say white & yellow were probably the best but caught fish on all colors I threw.

Once again I see the shoreline is collecting quite a bit of trash!!! I guess it's time to take another walk.....!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Trevor thanks for the report!!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

WTG Trevor. Nice report. Sorry to hear about the trash. What banks were lookin' nasty this time?

Post Thanks / Like

The question is which ones aren't! The northeast side of W bridge, where everyone shore fishes from. We pay $15 per launch, or $120 per year to look at that crap!?!? They go there for free to dump trash!!!!! I'm going to stop my rant now before it gets out of hand & I offend those slobs!!! Hard not to blame ALL the shore fishermen when they walk right by it and leave it there. However, I'll load the boat, park it on the road so everyone can steal my tackle & poles just to pick up after the losers!!!

Post Thanks / Like

nice report thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for report Trevor .. glad to hear you're finding them.

I hope you realize that it's not ALL shore fisherman causing the trash problem. Some of us pick up after ourselves and try to pick up what we can. I'm not saying I'm filling a trashbag everytime I go out, but I like to think most of us (particularly CDC members) try to do our part.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billd2626 View Post
    Thanks for report Trevor .. glad to hear you're finding them.

I hope you realize that it's not ALL shore fisherman causing the trash problem. Some of us pick up after ourselves and try to pick up what we can. I'm not saying I'm filling a trashbag everytime I go out, but I like to think most of us (particularly CDC members) try to do our part.
    I totally realize it's not ALL shore fishermen, hard not to blame all shore fishermen though when they walk past the crap and leave it there. I understand that a lot of people pick up the stuff they bring as well as the slobs trash. Like I said, next time I'm out, I'll load the boat, park it along the side of the road, leave my tackle & poles so anyone can pull up and grab it so I can pick up after other people. The other option is to pull up and anchor in front of them, wade to shore to pick it up. That shouldn't annoy them at all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billd2626 View Post
    thanks for report trevor .. Glad to hear you're finding them.

I hope you realize that it's not all shore fisherman causing the trash problem. Some of us pick up after ourselves and try to pick up what we can. I'm not saying i'm filling a trashbag everytime i go out, but i like to think most of us (particularly cdc members) try to do our part.
    x2

Post Thanks / Like

sound's like a fun morning, and nice report!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Way to get them Trevor. How far north were you brave enough to go? I think you should keep some extra trash bags in your boat an start passing them out to the suspect bank fishermen. Thanks for the report. Is your camera broke?

jigin4abigun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast