Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you keep track of size/creel limits?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you keep track of size/creel limits?

I'm getting old and have CRS sydrome. I fish a variety of places and the size/creel limits are different on each body of water. I read the sign before launching. However, by time I catch my first fish, I forgot what it said. How do you keep track? banghead
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post
    I'm getting old and have CRS sydrome. I fish a variety of places and the size/creel limits are different on each body of water. I read the sign before launching. However, by time I catch my first fish, I forgot what it said. How do you keep track? banghead
    Really hesitant to admit this, but since I carry my camera with me at all times.......I take a picture of the sign and refer back to it when CRS syndrome hits me.
    If stopped by Game Warden, I got photo of what the sign says and so far, it works for me. LOL
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have a smart phone, get the "Pocket Fisherman" app. Lists all the state regulations.

Post Thanks / Like

smart phone would work, or write it down, then type it up nice and neat, drop by Fedex and get it laminated, put in boat, have a cheat sheet with all the info. I do this for my HDS, manual weighs too much to leave in boat. LOL
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I've taken pictures as well. Camera or phone will work.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

This question might be wrong for this thread but it's kinda in the same ballpark, how do you guys keep count of the number of fish you have in the livewell/cooler, I have looked at several counters at various websites and there seems to be several counters available for different applications but none said whether or not they were waterproof and I doubt they would last very long when subjected to rain, wet hands and the like.... I seem to be unsure most of the time, if I am having a good day, of how many fish I actually have.

Post Thanks / Like

On Truman, pulling beads works well. They have theses at the marina for a few bucks.

Name:  FishingTruman 005.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  27.5 KB
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have the same problem with the CRS! Just take someone with you that hasn't developed the CRS YET! As for the fish counter get the Mr. Crappie clicker for about $5.00 I've used the same one for years and never had a problem with it. I keep it hanging on my front rod holder the entire time I'm fishing and it still works just fine.
    Set da hook

Post Thanks / Like

I pretty much set my size limit above any of the local lakes, then I do not even have to worry. As far as keeping count, the clickers above work great for me. Normally have one for total fish caught and another for how many go in the livewell.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Up here in Maine it's easy. No size no limit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast