Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Outlaw Poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Outlaw Poles

Would like input (pro's an cons) on the outlaw poles. I know they are a cheap pole but so was the others I bought and gave away cause they were to heavy. Anybody out there use them.
    Thanks a Bunch
    geno

Post Thanks / Like

Outlaw is a nice pole I use them for trolling pulling jigs and verticle jigging I have had no trouble what so ever with the poles You just have to make a choice there are pro and con with all of them

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

son, i've used every kind of crappie rig that could ever be conceived by man over the past 40 years. i have yet to come across anything that , for the dollar, match the cheap fiberglass poles from china. a good example is the b&m "Black Widow". the makers of the new carbon fiber rods toot their horn aabout sensitivity, etc. you can feel the same hit on a glass pole, maybe not to the same degree, but you can pick up on it if you train yourself to it. a hit is a hit. i put line guides on them and a reel seat and go fishing with them. i buy the rods for about $3.00 each and by the time i an through with them, i have less than $10.00 tied up in them. to each his own, but for my dollar, and replacement cost for a broken pole, the best way is to custom make your poles using a cheap glass rod for a start. catch a lot of crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an outlaw 12' er, not bad, but lacks in back bone in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the Crappie Wizard poles. I have used both, and the service after the sale of the Crappie Wizard poles is far better and the pole in my opinion is better for nearly the same price.

just my opinion!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Geno ....

Quote Originally Posted by geno
    Would like input (pro's an cons) on the outlaw poles. I know they are a cheap pole but so was the others I bought and gave away cause they were to heavy. Anybody out there use them.
    Thanks a Bunch
    geno
    Which "Outlaw poles" are you talking about ?? :D
    B&R Outlaw Rods are anything but "cheap" ... they run about $100 each. Now ... the "Outlaw Crappie rods" advertised on Grizzly Jig's website, that run between $35-$45 each - that may be a totally different thing. :D

I've never used either. I have several BnM rods, and I've seen/held a Crappie Wizard rod. Both make very nice rods. I've even held a Wally Marshall rod, or two, but found them to be a bit heavier feeling than BnM rods of the same length/style.

I really wish rod mfg's would give the weight of the rod (in ounces), like reel mfg's do.
    Sorry I can't help you out on the weight & quality of "Outlaw" rods ... hope you find the info you're looking for ......... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I jig with the 11 ft outlaws and really like them. The 10 's were too stiff but would make good riggers or pullers.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a bunch for the input from all. There is a place in Eufaula Ok that I found that custom builds rods all the way to 13 ft and has a lifetime garantee even if it is your fault. pricie but what the heck I gave over 300 for some of my loomis rods. Don't want to put his co name on here but if any one intrested my addy is [email protected] thanks again guys an catch a bigun.