Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outback /Hummingbird Transducer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Outback /Hummingbird Transducer

I have my transducer mounted inside like most people. The last few times out my FF shows fish like crazy, but I'm not catching anything. On Toledo Bend there is a big variety of fish to catch, that I have caught plenty of times before. My confidence is low, so I'm wondering if my FF isn't getting a good enough reading going thru the hull. My main question is, has anyone ever put there transducer in the scupper hole? Thanks for any info.
    Luck has nothing to do with it, it's how you wiggle your worm.

Post Thanks / Like

RRRetired just installed the Lowrance scupper hole mount, but don't know that he has reported any results. HB makes one for scupper holes as well, but don't know anything on it, just a few comments.

FF's showing lots of fish but not catching any is nothing new to me. happens all the time unfortunately
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Especially on more inexpensive FFs, what show-up as fish, aren't always, and even if they are (fish), doesn't mean they'll bite.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Could possibly be thermocline this time of year..?
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another possibility is my line. I use either 6 or 8 lb diameter power pro on my ultra lite set up. The reason I use braid is because of the White Bass will cut my line in a heart beat if I get a good one, which on Toledo Bend they have them. I've somewhere once that when Crappie are finicky your line being to big can make a difference. Or am I just thinking to much into this?

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking too much. 10 lb PowerPro is the size of 2 lb mono. Be sure all of your settings (ie gain) are adjusted correctly. Bubbles between the transducer and hull can also create false positives too.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still trying to figure the FF out and just exactly how it works and where exactly the structure is at, when I see it on the FF. I bought the Hummingbird install kit, and it uses some type of grease instead of goops or glues.

Post Thanks / Like

post up the HB model you have and the type of yak, whether a sit in or sot. If you have a sit in or sot, and mounted the TD to the inner hull/floor with grease/goop, etc., and have air bubbles in the grease/goop, you will get false/inaccurate readings until you get rid of the air bubbles. The location in the yak where you mounted the TD may cause some of the problems, if the yak is not completely in the water where the TD is, then the air space between the yak and water is causing some interference as well. post up some pics if possible.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Hummingbird_365i.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  29.0 KBName:  Hobie_Outback.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  34.3 KBHummingbird 365i and Hobie OUtback 2012. I couldn't get any pics of the bottom, sorry.Name:  DSCN5014.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  36.7 KBName:  DSCN5015.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  27.1 KBSome pics of the transducer placement. Duct tape is there because I wasn't to confident in the velcro strap the kit comes with.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  DSCN5017.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  17.1 KBThis is what the bottom of the yak where the transducer is placed looks like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast