Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sunday7/29 Grand/Truman... educational.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday7/29 Grand/Truman... educational.

Fished seven miles of the river. G27 to G20. Best was at the lower number in clumps or hedge in water more than 15' deep. Minnow on naked hook under #3 split shot worked the best. Bronze Star baits in blue/wh, blue/char, wh/char worked tipped with minnow and without. (You can get these at Tightwad Bait/Tackle and at Bucksaw marina.)

July: cleaned over 240 crappie, eight blue cat, etc. Guessing that we probably caught over 350-400 fish.

Edited to add: I love my wife. She endures the expense, time, and passion I put into fishing.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Were you in the kayak or the boat today? Thats enough crappie for the church fish fry. Does your wife read crappie.com or is she on shopping.com while you are fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Good job and thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

Boat today, but fishing buddy headed to FL for a couple weeks of R/R... like he needs it. Anyway, planning on doing the kayak thing if the heat breaks. Sittin on one's arse in this heat ain't pleasant. Thankful for the use of a boat which allows movement and mobility.

Due to our business and the fact that she needs to read any email to me when I'm out, I suspect she reads everything I post online, that is fine with me. If she doesn't see that post, big deal. I still feel that way. The girls in our lives put up with a lot of us spending money and time away from "family focused" issues.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I still contend that the end of June through July is my favorite time to crappie fish. Cant beat truman this time of year.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

good days on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are still giving the fish a work out .....
    I have not yet begun to procrastinate .....