Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Going out Sat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going out Sat.

I plan on going out to kent lake on sat or sun to relax (o.k. fish) and would like to know of any nice areas to try, also whatever day that I don't go to kent, I will be at either ford or belleville lake. Any areas I should try, this question is for cstyle as he fishes that area. I have not been , I have been workin, now its time to really go to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Well for Belleville Lake people have been catching some crappies by Sandies Marina (That's located on the eastern side of the lake just by the Belleville Lake Dam). They've been catching them using small twisters and grubs. I haven't heard of anyone doing some major fishing using minnows. If they still allow it, fishing on the northern side of the lakes under the bridges has always produced. If not, there's an area just west of the bridges that you can catch a few crappie (haven't been over there yet, but plan on making the trip this weekend also - fishing from the bank). As for Ford Lake I haven't heard of anyone doing any major crappie fishing yet. A buddy of mine fly fished the western part of the lake (near the tower by the bridges). There's a flat area on the inside of the bridges that has lilly pads and seaweed (don't know the actual name) and I'm pretty sure there's crappie in there, I just cannot get to them.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot one more area. In between Belleville Lake and Ford lake (I believe it's the Huron River), you might want to try near Rawsonville Road bridge. Just West of the bridge, there's some tree stumps sticking out of the water. I've only seen a few boats in that area, but I believe a lot of people are still chasing walleye and not really thinking about crappie yet. Just my few cents and hopefully the information will prove useful. Don't forget to let us know how well you do or don't do.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey