Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: pigeon forge trout? and cabins?

Post Thanks / Like

Default pigeon forge trout? and cabins?

I'm looking at going to stay in a cabin and try some trout maybe for me and the old ladys anniveresy.. we've been to cherokee but never pigeon forge.. where would y'all recomend.. any good cabins also any close to the rivers.. what rivers for some good fishing.. any advice would be appreicted
    Genesis 9:2, 18 ESV.The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered.

Post Thanks / Like

I know they stock the Little Pigeon River (I believe thats the name of it) that runs right thru Gatlinburg. I have stood on a bridge right outside of Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg and saw 16" rainbows. And under the bridges there are alot of them hanging out. I am sure if you went away from the town you could probably find some older fish that might have been around for a while but, I would probably start int he Gatlinburg area. There are some pretty nice cabins around Dollywood and also up in Weirs Valley. I am not local to pigeon forge but, I live around 2 hrs away and I go there every once in a while. Hope this helps oh and if your not fly fishing I would recommend using trout magnets.

-Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the BPS down there last week talking with the fly fishing guy he said right now the trout are hot on any of the streams just pick one and go, he did tell me that if you fish inside of the national park you do not need a TN trout permit just a standard fishing license and they are biting on black Wooly Buggers and beaded nymphs, Olive is a good color for dry flies.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I have stayed in a chalet, fancy word for cabins, in Gatlynburg and were very much satisfied. I think the name of the people we rented from is "Mountain Rentals". I totally agree with VaCrappieman about the trout there close to the aquarium. We have stood onj that bridge at the aquarium and watched people fly fish and catch several nice trout. That place is about 5min from the chalet we stayed in.

Post Thanks / Like

We stay in wears valley and rent cabins from cove mountain realty. Great company and nice cabins. Good prices.

Post Thanks / Like

X2 = on Gatlinburg and the river that runs through it, specially there by the aquarium, seen lots of fish there, and, nobody fishin them ! ! ! !
    We got married in Gatlinburg at one of them little chapels, went way up on the mountain to a chalet for the next couple days = was great ! ! !
    I've always loved Gatlinburg, we've been back many times .......................................
    Go in Nov or Dec/Jan, hopefully, there'll be snow = beautiful, but not too bad to impede you're driving .........
    Pigeon Forge seemed a little too commercial ( actually, too flat) for us .........
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know of any trout in Pigeon Forge. Do know they are in the main river and streams in downtown Gatlinburg and they stock it weekly. go to their visitors center and they will give you info. also maybe surf it and go on-line getting info. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

There are some nice smallmouth in the river in pigeon forge. Agreed that trout would be better in gatlingurg. I think you might have to have a special permit to fish the gatlingurg streams so check the local regs.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the time we will rent a cabin between Pigeon Forge and Townsend. You will find some good trout fishing about anywhere you go around there..
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4