Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick fillets!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Quick fillets!

I started getting into crappie fishing late last year and love it! They're absolutely delicious, but a lot of work to prepare. Enter the Panhandler, a system so quick and easy you won't believe it! Check it out on Cabela's site, a bucket of crappies takes no time. About $50.00 and worth every penny!

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like another gimmick to me. I watched the youtube video. I can clean then faster and better with an old fashion fillet knife. Those dinks look too small , wonder how it does on slabs.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

To each his own....I think I side with Nimrod on this one. Cleaning fish is a pastime in our family, 3 generations all hang around the cleaning table, I enjoy it every time. 2 or 3 of us can go through a cooler full of crappie in no time with plain ol' fillet knives.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I put on fish fries for the neighborhood, and so far it's handled everything for me, with less waste, and faster than I can with a knife!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I learned how to use an electric fillet knife on a mess of crappie on my cutting board and seem to do pretty good with it after a bit of "learning". I hardly ever clean "a cooler full of fish". Instead, I generally clean from 10-20 fish since I go fishing so much and just throw the rest back to catch another day. I can have my fish filleted off the bone and skin, as well as the rib cages gone in 10-15 minutes. All I have to hose off is the cutting board and fillet knife blades when finished and I'm done. As long as it works for you then it's all good though!Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, welcome to the boards.Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to CDC from Ne. It is very limited with only being able to do up to 11-1/2" fish. That is a small fish here. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

heck, some of our lakes have a 12" minimum
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feeshrman View Post
    heck, some of our lakes have a 12" minimum
    11 and a half inch fish are throw backs here in MS on the big 4 like feeshrman said. We like those 15-16 inch fish down here in Gods Country
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

An 11" crappie is big for up here. With the smaller fish, waste is critical, and like I said, there's minimal meat left on the bone. As far as speed goes, I'd be very surprised if anyone could beat it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast