Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turquoise Powder Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turquoise Powder Mix

This is a repost from the Jig tying section - Everything was done with fluid bed.

For a couple of weeks now I've been trying to mix up some powder paint to get a Turquoise color. My first attempts kept getting shades of green!!!!! and nothing else, although some of those green shades are nice which adds another color for me.

Well I started from scratch and I got IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 1/2 tbs blue
    1/4 tsp olive
    brush tap of white and yellow
    1/8 tsp yellow Chartreuse
    3 tsp clear

Only problem I have with it is that it's really flat, which surprised me as I had the clear in it. Used a fluid bed to apply it. May go back and put a clear coat on it just to shine it up.

Okay did a few more tests

Here's with dipping in a clear coat to make them shiny, because they were such a flat color they are a little darker with the clear coat.

As Micropterus salmoides said in the original thread, "Try like a 5:1 of clear to your turquoise. Any more and it will prob become a candy"
    Buddy you weren't kidding, put a bunch in and if it had been anymore it would've been a candy"!!!!!!!!

Added more color mix in to level it out, and now only have to do one dip

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reposting this mix, I think it will be a very good color.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

your turquoise looks more blue to me.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Bob I know it's the picture - it's not picking up the true color. I really need to make a photo box for taking pictures.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Yeah Bob I know it's the picture - it's not picking up the true color. I really need to make a photo box for taking pictures.
    I also need to make me a picture box most of my pictures do not come out real sexy and besides it would be fun to work with are you going to put a light in your box.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

The one I heard described has the lights on each side of the box or you can place them outside the box. course I'm still learning about all the fun stuff on my camera!!

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Built a light box yesterday out of a lamp I found at a yard sale. Took it apart and bent some conduit to the shape I wanted to fit the box I used. Covered the box with white cloth for a diffuser. Think it is going to work out well and may give you an idea about making one.

Name:  7-24-12 004.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  62.3 KBName:  7-24-12 003.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  37.9 KB
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks now I gotta go and play at the flea market again (THANK YOU!!) If the thunderstorms stay away I'm taking the gd fishing in the morning, then home for a snack then maybe the flea market!!!!!! You guys just gotta get me in trouble LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well back to square one with this color!!!!!!!!! I finally got around to curing them and they cured up a medium dark green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back to the drawing board!!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

StumpHunter, lets see some examples of photos taken using the light box.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast