Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Please explan to the girl!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please explan to the girl!

I've read the posts about the jig swaps, but, sorry ya'll, I'm not getting the gist of it. Would love to do the next one if I can understand what is happening. Little help? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

well it goes like this shefishestoo
    when they have a sign up list the number of tiers that sign up lets say 20 for example
    that is the number of jigs that you tye
    if there are any specifications such as color size or lenght you tye the same exact jig for the total of 20
    then put them in an envolope (bubble envolope is best) with an additional envolope with return postage on that one stuff them all in the one envolope addressed to the swapmeister and send them in the mail .
    after the swapmeister recieves the jigs he will sort them so that everyone will get one of everybodies jig and then stuff them back in your return envolope and when you get them you will have a jig from everyone that was in the swap basically the same jig but differant color combo and styles and some as most are totally amazing skilled at tying an all it cost you was some time and postage .
    it is great and fun and you will get to see differant styles and techniques from people and never be afraid to ask questions .

hope this helped you out sorry if it didn't lol

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Ok very simple -

Person announces the swap and the parameters of it (Size, color etc.)
    People sign up for the swap

Sign up closes and the swapmeister posts the list of people who have joined it.
    I always tie up the number of jigs by total in swap including myself (that way the meister gets the one I tied for him and an extra - plus any others I tie for him as thanks for running the swap)
    Once the swap meister receives everyone's jigs he sorts them and sends everyone a set.

For myself whether a jig or fly swap I like to stay in a group size of 10-12 people.