Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: July 21, 22, 23 on the Grand... I'm sick of fishing...

Post Thanks / Like

Default July 21, 22, 23 on the Grand... I'm sick of fishing...

Yea, you believe that, right! But, my shoulders are plum wore out from five outings.

Saturday morning, fished with a neighborhood friend, headed up, limit by 12:30 nice size, two blue cat, cleaned and sent home with the fella.

Saturday afternoon hanging around the marina/floating rooms get to talking to this fella, they done alright, but his trolling motor burned, invited him out, we headed about 2-3 miles up, caught 12 dandies, gave them to him.

Sunday morning, headed up, nice limit and one blue cat as bonus. Sunday afternoon, back up, fished deeper in the cove, fish wanted it dead still, 11-14' deep, large stumps with other ones close, if you got a bite there was no mistake, BHAM! Few and far in between, but I probably released just shy of a limit of very nice fish... way better than what I kept earlier in the day.

Then, what can and probably will happen to everyone happened. Getting hot, a little hungry, go to throw a line over a stump, foot slips of gunnel, I'm going in. Pole in hand, glasses on, hat, and towel... SPLASH! Missed the stump.

Sunday morning, BJ67 came up from Bolivar. Man what a day. Instant hot and windy. Struggled. Fished all over. Ended up within a few miles of the marina, 21 eaters and two blue cat cleaned and sent home with Bill. Good fishing with ya, Bill.

I may not be sick of it, but I'd darn sure have to turn down a chance to go.... tomorrow.
    Last edited by G.Gordon; 07-23-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like youve been busy after 'em and caught some good fish. Glad you didnt get hurt going in the drink. A few days rest and you'll be good as ever!Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Glad everything turned out alright with the swim. Been hittin Tebo hard so might come back to the Grand

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to hear they are still hungry.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Now Gordon, you fell in because you were hot and hungry? You just got clumsy and took a dive go ahead and admit it. Rofl At least you didn't lose your cell phone like I do when I get hot and hungry.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Cell phones go in a dry box under the console BEFORE the boat is launched. Learned that when Ralph took a voluntary swim and realized mid-swim, his I-phone is in his pocket.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.