Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Flashing fishing light's?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flashing fishing light's?

I was wondering if anyone has any idea's on the flashing fishing light's that the manufacture's claim to be the ultimate fish attractant. I recently built a cheap homemade floating crappie light with changable color len's and a submersible pond light, aluminum and the swimming noodle and came across them. I never seen them before but was thinking about hooking a flashing relay to it to try it out but was wondering if anyone has any luck with them or tried them before?

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know abot flashing. The zooplanton and insects are attracted to a steady beam so they know where to go. The bait fish wont come if they cant find them. The steady deam attracts both and planton. With a steady beam they can pinpoint the food they are after

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a gimmick to catch People not fish. If its true you can just buy a strobe light from american dj or a Halloween shop and it would do the same thing. Maybe Fish are epileptic and the flashing knocks them out.

Post Thanks / Like

2x what CrappiePumba says........Rofl
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

never seen them. i have thought about a tiny disco ball under a light. theory was it would flash like a school of minnows on the bottom of the surface. goofy? i never did try making the thing.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's the "light" per se, that attracts the Crappie ... but, it draws the plankton/bugs, which draws the attention of Shad/Silversides/sunfish, which then draws the attention of the Crappie (which can "hear" & "feel" the presence of the baitfish/fish schooling around the light ... and breaking the surface).

That being said ... I doubt a flashing light would do anything more than scare the fish away banghead but

I'm also wondering if Minnowman413 was referring to the baits with the flashing red light, that I've seen in those "banned in X number of states" ads ... in which case I would have to go along with "Pumba's" assertion. I will say this, though ... I have little doubt that one could put a hook on a lugnut, and eventually catch a fish with it ... but, would probably have caught a whole lot more, in a lot shorter time period, if something more suited to the desires of the fish was used Rofl

... cp