PDA

View Full Version : Flashing fishing light's?

minnowman413
07-23-2012, 08:52 AM
I was wondering if anyone has any idea's on the flashing fishing light's that the manufacture's claim to be the ultimate fish attractant. I recently built a cheap homemade floating crappie light with changable color len's and a submersible pond light, aluminum and the swimming noodle and came across them. I never seen them before but was thinking about hooking a flashing relay to it to try it out but was wondering if anyone has any luck with them or tried them before?

Spawn
07-23-2012, 06:10 PM
I dont know abot flashing. The zooplanton and insects are attracted to a steady beam so they know where to go. The bait fish wont come if they cant find them. The steady deam attracts both and planton. With a steady beam they can pinpoint the food they are after

CrappiePumba
07-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Sounds like a gimmick to catch People not fish. If its true you can just buy a strobe light from american dj or a Halloween shop and it would do the same thing. Maybe Fish are epileptic and the flashing knocks them out.

jaxsprat
07-23-2012, 10:34 PM
2x what CrappiePumba says........Rofl

river scum
07-24-2012, 06:42 PM
never seen them. i have thought about a tiny disco ball under a light. theory was it would flash like a school of minnows on the bottom of the surface. goofy? i never did try making the thing.

CrappiePappy
07-25-2012, 07:27 AM
I don't think it's the "light" per se, that attracts the Crappie ... but, it draws the plankton/bugs, which draws the attention of Shad/Silversides/sunfish, which then draws the attention of the Crappie (which can "hear" & "feel" the presence of the baitfish/fish schooling around the light ... and breaking the surface).

That being said ... I doubt a flashing light would do anything more than scare the fish away banghead but :dono

I'm also wondering if Minnowman413 was referring to the baits with the flashing red light, that I've seen in those "banned in X number of states" ads ... in which case I would have to go along with "Pumba's" assertion. I will say this, though ... I have little doubt that one could put a hook on a lugnut, and eventually catch a fish with it :Doh: ... but, would probably have caught a whole lot more, in a lot shorter time period, if something more suited to the desires of the fish was used Rofl

... cp :cool: