Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Am I missing something?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Am I missing something?

Many times I see post and replies that refer to a picture, but I don't see the picture - there is no link or attachment or picture.

About half the time I see the picture displayed or there is a link or attachment so I think I understand how to use the options but I must be missing something.

One example I ran into today is the post for "shrimp works" under panfish, etc.

I appreciate your help.
    Everyone ought to believe in something.
    I believe I'll go fishing!
    :D

I fish because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion. :)

John Volker retired Michigan Supreme Court justice.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Fmab ...

do you have some program downloaded that may be interferring with your ability to see the posted pictures ?? Are you getting the "X in the box" instead of a picture, or just not seeing the picture at all ?? Are you on "dial-up" connection to the web, or high speed (cable/DSL) ??
    I checked out the pics on "Shrimp Works" .... and they're bigger than the screen, but still load up quick and are visible to me. (I'm on digital cable)

Maybe some of these 'puter gurus may have an answer ..... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Talking using dsl - no problems with any other programs

Thanks for the reply. I'm using DSL thats fast. I don't see any picture framing but it seems that I have on a few in the past but i'm not sure.

I use Mozilla, so I think I will try Internet Explorer to see if I get a different response.

The thing thats unusual is that I see pictures the majority of the time.

CrappiePappy, I love your phrase!

I fish because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion. :)

Post Thanks / Like

Default fixed by change from Mozilla to Internet Explorer

I switched from Mozilla to Internet Explorer and that fixed the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

FMAB,

It's not your computer. Its a problem with the hosting sites; Photobucket.com; ect. ect. I have had problems with this same issue. However, if you are getting X's on every photo post, I would suggest running http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com this will allow your PC to have the latest upgrades, patches, fixes for your version of windows.
    "Dats.........uhh......NO-ICE.........FUSH!"

-Al Linder

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Waylon ....

Quote Originally Posted by Waylonh
    FMAB,

It's not your computer. Its a problem with the hosting sites; Photobucket.com; ect. ect. I have had problems with this same issue. However, if you are getting X's on every photo post, I would suggest running http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com this will allow your PC to have the latest upgrades, patches, fixes for your version of windows.
    I think it was his Mozilla program that was rejecting some of the pics. It appears that IE will allow them all to come thru.

Also, when you get the "X in the box" ... it could also mean that the picture has been removed/deleted from the site that was hosting it.
    Using the Windows Update is a good idea ... but, only if you are using a Windows program that is newer than Windows 2000. Support for 95, 98, and ME are history ... so the only updates you will get, for those, will be for the secondary programs (like Windows Media Player). ......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

You also might try the Netscape browser. It can do things that IE can't. And without all the security holes. It's a free download for the browser and I like it much better. It will run on most platforms. It also seems to be more stable than IE.