Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mark twain 7/20

Post Thanks / Like

Cool mark twain 7/20

banghead forgot to post that we fished at mark twain on friday. We really learned why they call it fishing, and not catching. We caught 3 small ones. fished around the Hunter Fisherman ramp on Route U for a while, broke for lunch and went over to 107. We found fish on the depth finder in 20-24 feet of water, and they seemed to be around 10-15 feet deep near timber near channels. That was what we found when we caught the 3. We did have several short bumps, but just no fish in the boat. Color didn't seem to matter, we got some bumps, just nothing to show. On a positive note, we fished until about 4 in the afternoon because the weather was so nice, there didn't seem to be a reason to quit. When we got off the water, the air temp was 79. About an hour later as I pulled in the drive it was 91.

Post Thanks / Like

What were you fishing in i was in the same area that morning we may of saw you there by little u.

Post Thanks / Like

We were in a maroon champion with a yamaha. Dad always wears his signature cowboy hat. You all do any good?

Post Thanks / Like

No not so much had a lot of fun of fun in there learning the channel with the water so low. I will be back up next week to give it another try ill be in a silver and whit Skeeter with a merk, give me a yell if your up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default mark twain 7/20

fished four hours friday morning and caught at least 50 fish. Kept 15 that were from 10-13 inches each. Most hit 7-9 feet down on the fall on a blue and silver jig tipped with a minnow. Last four or five keepers really thumped the line but most were very soft bites on the fall. Had to watch the line and pay attention or they would steal the bait and be gone. Most were caught in 20 feet of water. A very pleasant morning and better fishing in a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the reports! ya'all sure picked a nice day to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Nemo,

Are you talking about Route U boat ramp or another smaller ramp? Possibly the gravel ramp?

Bruce,

No need for specifics, just curious if you found a bite upriver or back towards the main lake.........good work regardless.

I believe I'm going to make my way over Friday afternoon and get an evening of fishing in and then early Saturday.

U

Post Thanks / Like

U are you fishing shack

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like great weather to spend some time back out on the water again. Hate the fish didnt cooperate but sometimes that's just how it is. Congrats on getting out there and hopefully they'll bite better for ya next time.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cschottfish View Post
    U are you fishing shack
    Negative....... thought about it for a split second, but I think we're going to pass this year. Are you?

U

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast